Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:46:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Got Your Big Frozen Turkey Yet??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Got Your Big Frozen Turkey Yet??  ( 1922 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 18, 2010, 08:29:45 AM »

Well, about a week ago or so, I contacted Pierre down at Steeple Market.  Decided I am getting to old to go out hunting for Big Frozen Turkeys.  I wanted a 26 pounder, but Pierre got one close enough - 25.62 pounds.

I no longer hunt for Frozen Butterballs that big, because a number of distributors told me that they do not have butterballs that big.  Glad I did it this way though, because Pierre carried it out to my car for me.

When I got home, I carried it in the house, got my roasting pan out and put it in my refrigerator to thaw out.  It won't thaw out in a week, but come next Tuesday night, I will place it in my sink in cold running water until it finishes thawing so I can cook the giblets on Wednesday and Mary Kay and I can get the dressing made.

Realized I sure am getting weak in my old age as I had to put the frozen turkey on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator - Back is not quite up to that, but my son-in-law will be here on Thursday Morning when it is time to get it in the oven and also to take it out later, as I will not tackle that.

The family will all be home for Thanksgiving, although there will be one big part missing this year.  The thought does bring a quick tear to my eyes, but I do remember the 49 very Happy Thanksgivings we spent together.  I do have so much to be thankful for as I gather with our children, grandsons and son-in-law.  She was a strong part of our family, as all Mothers are, and it is because of her that I have such a wonderful family - Happy Thanksgiving Maryann, I know you will be with us in spirit and do realize you are in a far better place now.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : November 19, 2010, 01:11:24 AM »

Nice thoughts Henry.
We lost Dad a few years back during the holidays.
That silly adage of time heals all wounds is wrong, it soothes them.
You miss whom you miss.

ANYWAY.
I am on the great turkey hunt this Friday.
Since I am working in-between Wasilla and Palmer I am going here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJd_vm9VhpU

If it's good enough for that nitwit.... it's good enough for me.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: