Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:16:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  CFC Minutes from Aug 14 Meeting
« previous next »
: [1]
: CFC Minutes from Aug 14 Meeting  ( 1955 )
ASDuling
: 75

« : September 01, 2012, 08:58:15 AM »

Below are highlights from the Citizens for Fairfax Community, Inc. (CFC) August 14th Board Meeting.

We are beginning to plan for a haunted house event around Halloween. This should be a fun way to bring families together this fall. Please email Katrina at fairfaxparksandrec@yahoo.com, Mark at mark@vtwellness.net or me if you are interested in helping.

Old Business

Spaghetti dinner:
The spaghetti dinner was cancelled due to a lack of response. We discussed whether there might have been a way to make it work. It is unlikely that runners from out of town would be motivated to come into Fairfax for supper the night before. Perhaps local runners could have been attracted with more publicity. It is uncertain whether this is a viable idea for next year.

Haunted House: Katrina is a key person for this effort. Mary and Elizabeth have agreed to help and other volunteers would be needed. We discussed October 26 and 27 as possible dates.

Vision Committee/Town Plan: Amanda is our representative to this group. We agreed that it was important to have a community center as part of this vision. Mark will make sure that there is a picture of the Baptist Building in the new Town Plan.

Business Plan: There is a teacher who is willing to assign her students to work on our business plan. Amanda feels that we have to do a lot of research before we get to a level of planning appropriate for high school students. It is not yet clear whether we should have a stand alone business plan or one which incorporates the Recreation Department. Doug feels that senior activities will be key. Initially housing a teen center was identified as a need as well as creating a space for family activities.

New Business

Other Planning: Our goal for this year was to get our name out there and hold events at the Baptist Building. We have been partially successful but need to decide on next steps. The group agreed that another consultation from Anne Cousins of the Vermont  Preservation Trust might be helpful at this point. Mark will contact Ann and see whether she might be available for our September meeting. Our Annual Meeting will happen in October or November.

The next meeting will be September 11th at 7 pm at Fairfax United Church.  On the agenda will be future planning, the Annual Meeting and the Haunted House.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Amanda at asduling@gmail.com.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: