Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:33:30 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 9/21/09 and Blog- New TV Season
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 9/21/09 and Blog- New TV Season  ( 2409 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : September 20, 2009, 10:27:03 PM »

September 21, 2009
Picture of the Day

New sign out in front of the funeral home.

NEW TV SEASON
How times have changed.
Used to be we would always watch the Emmy Awards. But I haven't seen them in years. Mostly because I never watch the shows that are nominated. Used to be I watched A LOT of network TV, but with the switch to working nights some 11 years ago, that has stopped. I catch some shows here and there. I get the CW shows on the west coast feed, if I want to watch.
But I've never seen Mad Men, the comedies on CBS Monday nights, CSI, 24, Desperate Housewives, or American Idol.
Working the 10:30 - 7 shift does allow me to catch some shows, but I am being kinda fussy about what I want to watch. I don't just sit in front of the TV and veg. My viewing is more selective.
With cable, then a satellite dish, yes, there are more choices, but the Must-See-TV is limited.
We do watch a lot of BBC America. And with it comes Top Gear, kind of a goofy car show, that's more than just about cars. Of course there are the favorites, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Robin Hood.
I saw ads for a new show last year during the baseball playoffs on TNT called Leverage. It's a mixture of Mission:Impossible and Robin Hood. I like the characters and have stuck with it. It just finished it's second season on TNT and will be back in January.
On the CW, I have stayed with Supernatural because I can get that on the west coast feed at midnight if I work a full second shift. 2:30-11pm. Still a really good show.
Last year, I gave Dollhouse a try. Joss Whedon gave us Bufffy The Vampire Slayer years ago, and that is still one of my favorite shows. Great characters, and great storylines. Memorable moments. Dollhouse is the new show he put out. A lot of early conflict with FOX on the direction of the show, but they finally reneged, and allowed him to do it his way. Really grew as the season wore on and finished with a bang. Great characters, great storylines, and the usual Joss Whedon surprise twist and turns. The new season starts this Friday night. Can. Not. Wait.
The one new show that catches my eye, and I mentioned this before, is on ABC Thursday night at 8pm. FlashForward tells the story of how, on this one day, everyone loses consciousness for 2 minutes and 17 seconds.  During that time, everyone gets a glimpse of what their lives will be like in six months. But also, for that amount of time, disaster strikes. Accidents happen, planes crash, many lives lost. Joseph Fiennes(Shakespeare in Love) plays an FBI agent trying to find out why this happened and who was behind it. It was filmed like a movie with a lot of stunts and special effects.
And of course, the baseball playoffs will be starting-GO RED SOX!!- and the hockey season will begin.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: