Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:06:48 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Location Of Florida Tornado vs Local Resident
« previous next »
: [1]
: Location Of Florida Tornado vs Local Resident  ( 2885 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 05, 2007, 08:43:39 AM »

Hi All,

I'm not very familiar with Florida, so Theresa Gross sent me a photo of the path of the Tornado as you can see below:

You can see Umatilla above and when I did a mapquest it showed them by road about 10 miles and 13 minutes away as you can see below from the disaster area of Paisley

Its no wonder they feel very grateful.

On June 11, 1973, we had our own Tornado here in Fairfax and for those of you that are new residents and didn't realize that, you can click on the link below and see some of the devastation that occurred:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/fhs/tornado.html

Below is a second link that appears on the above web site, but in case you missed it, click on the one below:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/fhs/tornado1.html

On Route 104A, an area that you might almost call Tornado Alley has had several Tornados hit that haven't hit Fairfax -- They set down between the Georgia High Bridge and the Gilles Rainville Farm -- You might notice as you drive by Gille Rainville's Farm that there are no big trees in front of the house, Well there were not that many years ago.
« : February 05, 2007, 09:34:10 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : February 05, 2007, 08:52:35 AM »

My neighbors winter in Orange City, they avoided a direct hit, and suffered little if any damage.  It simply amazing as to how Mother Nature can be so "choosy" in where she decides to strike.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Maria Paquin

« #2 : February 06, 2007, 09:50:33 AM »

My parents, Joe & Ginny Mammone, live in The Villages.  They are about 1 mile from where most of the destruction in The Villages took place.  Approx 600 homes in that community were damaged or destroyed but luckily no fatalities and no serious injuries.  Towns to the north and east of them were destroyed.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : February 08, 2007, 07:40:38 AM »

Hi All,

A friend of mine Ed Walsh sent me a link to a website with some photos taken down in The Villages of the Tornado destruction -- Just click on the link below:

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: