Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:20:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 4/24/09 and Blog- Transformers
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 4/24/09 and Blog- Transformers  ( 2585 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : April 23, 2009, 09:37:19 PM »

Picture of the day April 24, 2009

Quite the view from beyond center field

TRANSFORMERS
Posted for Friday April 24th............................

I don't get to the movie theater very often, so I watch a lot of movies on DVD or on cable. One movie that has been out for a while and I finally got to watch it Thursday night was "Transformers". OK, so it was a couple of years ago, so I may be slow to catch up.
Back in the 80's, I used to watch the Transformers cartoon series. In fact, for Christmas one year, I got a Megatron figure. Megatron was a robot that transformed into a gun. He was the leader of the Decepticons. I still have it. Anthony, forever a lover of trucks, had Optimus Prime, the tractor-trailer rig and leader of the Autobots as his favorite.
When they decided to make a live action movie, they had to be politically correct, and made Megatron into a sort of plane.
The movie is pretty good, and I can imagine the special effects on the big screen must have been great.
The absolute coolest thing, though, and I give immense credit to the producers, was making the perfect crossover from the cartoon to the movie.
The voice of Optimus Prime in the movie, was Peter Cullen, the original voice of Prime in the cartoon. Prime does a lot of narration in the beginning and at the end, and for fans of the cartoon, it made the movie very satisfying.
There is a sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, due in theaters this summer. I will try not to wait two years before seeing it.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: