Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:13:22 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Another Cost Saving Move ?? Only One Sticker
« previous next »
: [1]
: Another Cost Saving Move ?? Only One Sticker  ( 8558 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 13, 2010, 08:14:51 AM »

Got my car registered and noticed I had only one sticker to put on my license plate. - Thought "Oh Crap", must have lost one than read at the top

"The sticker below must be attached to the REAR plate only of  the vehicle indicated on the above registeration certificate"

More dollars saved - Does this mean that new registrations will only have one license plate for the rear??

Henry Raymond
BCota
: 59

concrete is love -- pour it on

« #1 : June 14, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »

hopefully the state has properly informed all law enforcement officers of this b/c my front plate still has the expired registration sticker while the rear plate is current...

you don't go reaching into a haystack for a needle if you know there's a whole lotta needles in there
cedarman
: 370

« #2 : June 14, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »

I just scraped the expired sticker off the front and left the "T" showing.

I'm not sure how they save money printing just one sticker.  When I received my renewal last year, there was a "void" sticker for the front plate.  IF they are still printing two stickers, they aren't saving anything.

Eliminating the second plate would save a lot, but I DOUBT that will every happen.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : June 14, 2010, 01:01:47 PM »

All I got was the one sticker with mine

Henry Raymond
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #4 : June 15, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »

Me too.
msm
: 211

« #5 : June 16, 2010, 07:15:41 AM »

Why not only one plate ?  Savings would be realized ..
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : June 16, 2010, 07:37:45 AM »

I was kind of hoping that someone would report just getting a new vehicle registration and telling us what they got for license plates.  Certainly appears that there is no need for a front license plate.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #7 : June 16, 2010, 09:04:20 AM »

Just found my answer to the license plates on the Vermont Web Site:

June 29, 2009

Change to one vehicle registration sticker and DMV fee increases go into effect July 1st
MONTPELIER – Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles Commissioner Bonnie Rutledge announced today that effective July 1st, 2009 the DMV will issue just one registration sticker to all vehicles. Currently, the DMV issues two stickers, one for each license plate. The new one-sticker system calls for the single sticker to be applied to the rear plate of the vehicle to be legal. A vehicle, however, is still required to have two license plates: one attached to the front and one attached to the back.

The move from two registration stickers to one registration sticker is a cost-savings measure adopted by the Vermont Legislature as part of the Fiscal Year 2010 Transportation Bill. Starting July 1, vehicle registration renewals will be issued with one registration sticker printed with the vehicle’s registration information and the second sticker will be printed with the word “VOID.”

“This is being done to use up our existing stock of two-sticker forms, but it also will act as a way to get the public familiar with the one sticker concept,” Rutledge said. “Once the old stock is used up, renewals will only contain one registration sticker.”

The single-sticker requirement does not affect the number of license plates required on a vehicle. Vehicles that currently require two plates – such as cars, trucks and buses – will continue to require two plates. The single registration sticker, however, must be placed on the rear plate to be legal.

Henry Raymond
msm
: 211

« #8 : June 17, 2010, 07:50:56 AM »

Where is  Specia Ed on this one ----

I gotta ask again -- Why is Vermont using Two plates ?  Many states have adopted a single plate approach --- This would result in  real savings for the Green Mountain State.
trussell
: 870

« #9 : June 17, 2010, 12:06:48 PM »

I doubt that it weighs into the decision, but the front license plate makes a very nice target for a laser-based speed measuring device.  It needs to reflect back to the gun and those shiny plates do a great job of it (that's why I let mine stay dirty, lol).

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #10 : June 17, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »

Wow so you admit you speed Trevor? lol

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
trussell

« #11 : June 17, 2010, 03:13:59 PM »

I admit to nothing. :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
trussell

« #12 : June 17, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »

Besides.. Have you seen what I drive???? I don't think it's even possible to speed in a Kia.

mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #13 : June 18, 2010, 05:19:56 PM »

Yeah Trevor you and I can race you in the Kia and me with my Scion and see who can get to 60 first!!!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
trussell

« #14 : June 18, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »

I was passed by a seagull on my way home today.  How humiliating.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: