Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:35:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  from Representative John Mitchell of Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: from Representative John Mitchell of Fairfax  ( 5279 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : January 19, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »

January 19, 2013

Yesterday ended our first full week in session in Montpelier.  I am on the Health Care Committee in the House of Representatives and have learned a great deal about the new system coming into play beginning January 1, 2014.  I still have a lot to learn.  It is very interesting and can be quite confusing to the general public.  There will be numerous meetings and seminars throughout this year for those being effected by the new system initially.

There are 11 people on the Health Care Committee from varying backgrounds and I am the only one with business experience.  I think that may be the reason the Speaker assigned me to that committee.

Legislators filed almost 100 bills by week’s end with hundreds more either awaiting introduction or having the final details ironed out before pen goes to paper.  I expect the financing of the new health care system will be a contentious topic this session.  Some of these bills can be accessed via the state web site if you so choose.

Generally speaking I find being in the legislature quite different than the previous 45 years spent in the work force.  It is a privilege to be there and I realize the sacrifice some folks make in order to serve their communities.   

If there are any school groups planning to visit the State Capital I would be glad to meet with them.  Just let me know when that would be. 

Going forward I will communicate on a regular basis and if you need to contact me my email is jmitchell@leg.state.vt.us and my home phone is 849-6284.  Thanks for your support.  John Mitchell

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : January 20, 2013, 07:55:41 PM »

is thier anybody in montpliere {lol} that just has a high school diploma????or do they all have law degrees and are millionaires?
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : January 21, 2013, 09:44:50 AM »

Thanks so much for the update John! Looking forward to hearing your insight as to what is going on down there. ~MK

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : January 21, 2013, 02:55:44 PM »

Well, Rod, we know that our esteemed representative, John Mitchell neither has a law degree nor is, to my knowledge, a millionaire, so that's one!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : January 21, 2013, 03:08:39 PM »

Franklin County can also boast the lone remaining dairy farmer in Montpelier.
Senator Norm McAllister

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: