Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:14:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Paper Plates on 128?
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Paper Plates on 128?  ( 13088 )
JoeT
: 100

« : July 19, 2010, 07:51:44 AM »

Does anyone know why there are paper plates on posts, both sides of the road on RT 128 between Fairfax and Westford?
They have numbers written on them like -20, 00, etc.

Something to do with the re-paving project?
trussell
: 870

« #1 : July 19, 2010, 12:37:41 PM »

Ahh, they're probably notes to the crew as to how thick the pavement needs to be.  They probably have a standard thinkness, and then add or subtract based on what the plates say.  Wanna go move some around with me?  LOL!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : July 19, 2010, 01:35:33 PM »

Lets go trevor it will be like I'm back in highschool again lol.  I have a good little story for you about 128 but I think I might wait a few more years before I tell it.  It's been 10 now i'll wait til 15 pass lol.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : July 19, 2010, 03:31:04 PM »

Thanks for a few chuckles Trevor & Josh -  I needed that - Love you guys

Henry Raymond
JoeT
: 100

« #4 : July 20, 2010, 07:42:25 AM »

You hit the nail on the head, so to speak! They are grinding down pavement today.

Joe

Ahh, they're probably notes to the crew as to how thick the pavement needs to be.  They probably have a standard thinkness, and then add or subtract based on what the plates say.  Wanna go move some around with me?  LOL!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #5 : July 20, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »

If they don't get right to the project,
do they put notes on plastic plates ?

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
cakelady
: 43

« #6 : July 20, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »

I think the plates are styrofoam.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : July 23, 2010, 11:53:13 PM »

Lets go trevor it will be like I'm back in highschool again lol.  I have a good little story for you about 128 but I think I might wait a few more years before I tell it.  It's been 10 now i'll wait til 15 pass lol.

Statute of Limitations kick in after 15, eh Copper???
(Notice I didn't say statue, Special Ed??)
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #8 : July 24, 2010, 04:42:07 AM »

thanks mike!!!!
Mike Raburn

« #9 : July 25, 2010, 01:09:27 AM »

I am a people pleaser,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Stand Alone Defense

« #10 : July 25, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »

Ya Mike I don't think there is a statute of limitations on being an idiot LOL.... which I was!!

Mike Raburn

« #11 : July 25, 2010, 07:36:06 PM »

Ya Mike I don't think there is a statute of limitations on being an idiot LOL.... which I was!!

I wish too.
trussell
: 870

« #12 : July 29, 2010, 06:20:25 AM »

I don't think there is a statute of limitations on being an idiot

Technically, I think the statute of limitations is 7 years or less for almost everything- So you're probably good Josh. If there's a loophole, I'll find it ;)  Shoulda been a lawyer.  Hey Mike, lets open up our own law firm!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Stand Alone Defense

« #13 : July 29, 2010, 01:36:58 PM »

Well OK then as most of you probably know I was known to have been in trouble a time or 2 in my teenage years.   Well this particular incident was during the fall there was construction going on up on goose pond rd right above the bridge.  I think they were redoing the side of the road towards the river clearing trees and what not.  So me and 2 other people who will remain nameless came up with this great plan one boring Saturday night.  They had all these construction barrels and a couple of those saw horses with the flashy lights on them so we decided that we could but those to better use.  We took a few orange barrels and the flashy saw horses and drove up to 128 right across from J&L hardware and closed the road off.  We sat at family video for 2 hours laughing at the pissed off motorist having to turn around thinking the road was closed.  So that is my story about changing signs and if any of you were affected by this I apologize!!  Like I said I was a teenager.

Mike Raburn

« #14 : July 31, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »

That is actually a pretty funny story there, Copper.

T-Man,
I could not be a lawyer, I usually tend to tell the truth and have some sort of morales.
If there are any lawyers here that I offended, good.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: