Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:08:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Emergency Selectboard Meeting
« previous next »
: [1]
: Emergency Selectboard Meeting  ( 7090 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : December 10, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »

There will be an Emergency Meeting of the Fairfax Selectboard at the Santee house at 76 Hunt Street in Fairfax at 11:55am to discuss and possibly purchase recycle bins.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
7F24
: 253

« #1 : December 10, 2013, 12:17:30 PM »

I was wondering when that issue would come up.
ohhman
: 469

« #2 : December 10, 2013, 12:50:47 PM »

Right Z24; wonder if this cost was considered in the total cost of going with the cheaper hauler.  It just makes no sense to me still that putting a middle man in the picture will continue to save us money.  For those that do not know, our town is going to change trash haulers very soon; rather than staying with our present hauler, Caselas, we are going with Duffy's & our trash will still be brought to the site owned by Caselas.  Like many businesses, it may be cheaper to start with, so that our business is gained; time will tell what happens in the future.  FYI,  Caselas owns our recycle bins so it's going to be decided if we purchase them from Caselas or someplace else as our new hauler does not offer this to us.  I wish the new haulers luck!
« : December 10, 2013, 12:54:57 PM 3plusk »
trussell
: 870

« #3 : December 10, 2013, 12:57:07 PM »

Why would the Select Board decide to change suppliers without first looking at all the consequences?  Was the current contract reviewed before deciding to no renew it?  Shouldn't this have been discussed before it was decided to switch companies?  What would the cost be to purchase the recycling bins?  And does this really warrant an emergency meeting with no prior notice to residents?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
ohhman
: 469

« #4 : December 10, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »

Trevor, they have been finding out the costs & that's why the meeting today; to decide what to do; maybe it was looked at or maybe overlooked?? I was at the meeting in support of sticking with the current hauler, & this wasn't mentioned.  Just the fact it will be cheaper, though I can't see overall how it can be as the new hauler does not have the size trucks as the one now does so there will be more trips made to the drop site which does = more money...gas, time, people, BUT it says it will be cheaper; time will tell.
trussell
: 870

« #5 : December 10, 2013, 02:32:42 PM »

Thanks, it doesn't really matter to me what carrier we go with, I'm just curious why all the associated fees weren't looked at before a commitment was made.

Also, I didn't think a multi-year commitment could be made without voter approval.  Does anyone know if this is the case?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
lena6
: 357

« #6 : December 10, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »

So many times I have been told that we vote in the Selectboard so they can make decisions without voter support or whatever.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #7 : December 11, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »

Chris, what was the decision made?

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #8 : December 12, 2013, 08:33:35 AM »

Sorry for delays in replies.
Recovery drags on.
Thus the meeting at my house.

We will be keeping our recycle bins.
More details will follow in the minutes.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #9 : December 12, 2013, 08:35:35 AM »

Thanks for the update. Hope you are feeling better each day Chris!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
nhibbard
: 393

« #10 : December 15, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »

This is the problem with emergency meetings. With planning, nothing needs an emergency meeting. There isn't much that cannot wait a few days and give proper notice. Not like anyone would show up other than a few residents. I commend all those that did show up to voice their opinion at the meeting. I also understand that those who could not attend probably didn't know this was coming up.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: