Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:16:36 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA Fairfax 2 hour delay Thursday, 8th 2015
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Fairfax 2 hour delay Thursday, 8th 2015  ( 5324 )
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« : January 07, 2015, 04:26:25 PM »

SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
School Delay on Thursday,January 8th
With the anticipated below zero temperatures forecasted for tonight, January 7th, and even colder temps and wind chill tomorrow, we have made the decision to delay the start of school for two hours on Thursday, January 8th.  This will allow our busses  the time they may need to ensure that busses are ready to pick students up in the morning.  Buses will pick students up two hours later than usual.  Please have your students wait inside until their bus arrives. Bus drivers are aware that they need to wait a little longer for students.

Parents, please be aware that circumstances may change in the morning

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : January 08, 2015, 08:54:10 AM »

I am just the messenger :-)

Personally, back in the day (70's & 80's) We would be waiting inside the house until the bus stopped in front of the house. Yes the buses were somewhat late arriving at school waiting for kids to come out, but we were in school.

The kids that walk were the ones that needed rides to school as it was definitely too cold for them to walk.

As to ensure the buses were ready for picking up students. They went in early to get the buses running and warming up.

We also had chains on the buses when roads were bad too and went to school :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mirjo
: 785

« #2 : January 08, 2015, 12:22:40 PM »

I don't recall there ever being a 2hr delay. It seems I recall a no delay policy as it was too disruptive to the school day, so it was either, open or closed, nothing in between. I  seem to recall a day or two being closed because of below zero temps, for one reason or other-it may have been for issues related to the cold temps that affected the school or something. I'm fairly certain that occurred at least once when my kids were in school.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
ohhman
: 469

« #3 : January 08, 2015, 01:05:51 PM »

It used to be said by administration that a delay wasn't in best interest of the parents/kids either. Parents still had to go to work, many at usual time & kids were left on own awhile.... so it was tough on parents.  It doesn't matter either way to me, all I can say is it was VERY cold out there this am!!  Car didn't start, handle for hood latch snapped because of the cold, door tensions not working for house door so many slams in & out, & the farrier who has NEVER canceled, canceled for the first time..... good choice I thought!!  Stay warm & just think, before you know it, it will be so hot you won't be able to stand it!   :-)
ohhman

« #4 : January 08, 2015, 02:20:27 PM »

setting the record straight again.....  kpplus2 is NOT Karen Hebert   :-)
ohhman

« #5 : January 09, 2015, 10:09:07 AM »

kpplus2, it is because MAYBE ohhman knows the person who is accused of saying comments posted by you!!!!  & NOT that you cant say what you want, but people NEED to know it is not her saying the things you say!!  ;)    just sayin'!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: