Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 03:25:33 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 2/11/10 and Blog- 2010 Racing Preview
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 2/11/10 and Blog- 2010 Racing Preview  ( 2413 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 11, 2010, 12:33:58 AM »

Thursday February 11, 2010
Picture of the Day

Michael Waltrip posted this picture on Twitter Wednesday night. It's his view of the track from the SPEED booth.

2010 RACING PREVIEW
The racing season is officially here. Thursday is the Twin 150s or the 150 Duels, or something at Daytona. Friday night is the Truck race. Danica is slated to make her NASCAR debut Saturday, and THE BIG RACE is Sunday.
So let's look into the crystal helmet and see what is in store for 2010.

THE BIG STORY
NASCAR is going to allow larger restrictor plates at Daytona and Talladega, and allow bump drafting and will let the drivers "have at it".
We will wait to see how this will play out.
Danica Patrick's arrival to NASCAR, abeit, a limited schedule. Personally, I hope she does well. I really do. She is committed, determined, and simply, wants to succeed. I do not see her winning races, but finishing in the Top 15 or so. NASCAR is looking at her to spark interst, and so far, it has. I know I will be watching Saturday.
I still say the big news is across the pond in Europe as Michael Schumacher comes out of retirement to race with the World Champion Brawn(now Mercedes) team. I am kinda perplexed by the whole thing. When he was with Ferrari and winning EVERYTHING, I got real sick of the German and Italian national anthems that played after he won. The German for him, Italian for Ferrari. But last year I found myself rooting for the new Brawn team. A part of me wants to see him have some success. I think F1 will be a free-for-all as Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren, and Red Bull all have shots at winning it all.
One funny note- back in 2004?, I came downstairs and could hear the familiar sounds of the Italian national anthem playing on the TV. My thought was, "Is Margie really watching a Formula 1 race?". No, it was the Olympics and an Italian won the gold medal in something.

THE SURPRISE
If I knew what the surprise story of the year was going to be, it wouldn't be a surprise. Maybe Danica wins a Nationwide race. That would be a surprise.

THE CHAMPIONSHIP
I'm sorry, but I really hope Jimmie Johnson doesn't get it again this year. But it might be tough to bet against him. But I will. Denny Hamlin, Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, or Mark Martin will win it.

THE DAYTONA 500
I am going to wait to see how the 150s play out. May make a prediction Sunday morning.

Of course, once WE start racing the ESS schedule, I really won't be paying that much attention to NASCAR, except to see how my driver is doing. #14 Tony Stewart.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: