Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:25:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  55 Years Ago Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: 55 Years Ago Today  ( 2319 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 20, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »

T'was 55 years ago today on a Sunday after Mass that I had my suitcase all packed - $100 in my Wallet and some very specific directions from Essex Junction to Poughkeepsie, New York to a hotel.  I had further instructions on how to get to the IBM plant in Poughkeepsie the next morning.  This was the beginning of a very good working career that lasted until July 31, 1992 when I retired.  I enjoyed 18 years of full retirement with my wife Maryann, plus another two years by myself.

I can only hope my kids can have the same wonderful life that I have had and not a year goes by that I don't give thanks to God on May 20th for this wonderful working life, plus retirement.

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : May 20, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »

Good for you , Henry . You have given Fairfax lots of your time  , much effort and a place to communicate with other residents , and have served as a role model for your family . You certainly made good use of your years at IBM , and it has been a pleasure to be able to call you a friend . By the way , in May 1957 I was stationed in Okinawa and looking forward to June 6 of that year when I was scheduled to rotate back to the states.  My last posting was with a tank unit for 6 months at 29 Palms , California .  It's 90 * here this afternoon and my son says that his outside thermometer reads the same ......without the humidity .
lena6
: 357

« #2 : May 20, 2012, 05:50:38 PM »

My brother lived in Tucson for 30 years.  He said when it was 126 that it was not that bad because it was a dry heat.  As I told him, 126 is hot whether it is dry or wet.  I guess that is why I love. Vermont.  No 126 and not that often do we hit a 100.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: