Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:07:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ruth Machia Dies At Age 94
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ruth Machia Dies At Age 94  ( 2214 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 19, 2012, 06:35:53 AM »

RUTH ANN (GREENE) SEABURY CURTIS MACHIA

MONTPELIER/ WESTFORD - Ruth Ann (Greene) Seabury Curtis Machia, 94, died peacefully on May 17, 2012, in the Woodridge Nursing Home in Berlin. Ruth was born on July 1, 1917, in St. Albans, the daughter of Max and Nellie (Norton) Greene. Ruth was adopted at a young age by her uncle and aunt, William and Annie Seabury. She graduated from Waterbury High School in 1936 and Castleton Normal School in 1940. She taught school in East Warren, Berlin and Barre Town, retiring in 1981. She enjoyed reading, crafts and bowling. She was married to Hiram Curtis in 1946, who predeceased her in 1976; and to George Machia in 1981, who predeceased her in 2009. She is survived by her children, Wanita Raspe and husband, Peter, of Montpelier; stepchildren, Howard Curtis of Montpelier, and Vivian Pratt of Rensselaer, N.Y.; 18 grandchildren; numerous great- and great-greatgrandchildren; and nephew, Max Greene. She is also survived by her best feline friend, Deedee. She was predeceased by her brothers, George and Max Greene; and sisters, Ester Norton, Marion Montague, and Florence Formenti; and grandson, Edwin Haggett. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, May 23, 2012, at 11 a.m. in St. Luke's Catholic Church in Fairfax. Burial will follow in Pleasant View Cemetery in Westford. Visiting hours will be held on Tuesday, May 22, 2012, from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Minor Funeral and Cremation Center in Milton. Online condolences may be made to www.minorfh.com. Memorial contributions may be made to the St. Luke's Building Fund, P.O. Box 7, Fairfax, VT 05454.

Both George & Ruth were former parishioners of St. Lukes Parish here in Fairfax.  To view her husband George's obituary, click on the following link:

« : May 19, 2012, 04:53:08 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 19, 2012, 04:53:39 PM »

I have just added Ruth's photo to her obit.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: