Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:52:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  What I know or more importantly don't know about John Mitchell.
« previous next »
: [1]
: What I know or more importantly don't know about John Mitchell.  ( 3831 )
rogers9993
: 30

« : November 05, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »

What I know about John Mitchell.

1. He's supported by the PAC Vermonters First.

2. He's married and has 2 son's.

3. He has served the Town of Fairfax in many ways over the years including Select Board, Cub and Boy Scout Leader, youth sports coach, Untied Church board, choir member, Past Master Lamoille Lodge #6 F&AM, current BFA Trustees Treasurer, zoning administrator, Fairfax Rescue Board.

4. He has been on the boards of directors of Northwest Medical Center, Ronald McDonald House, Vermont Grocers' Assoc., Vermont Petroleum Assoc., and  Business Roundtable in Montpelier.

5. petefitz, slpott and FXDHS are going to vote for him.

What I don't know about John Mitchell.

1.His stance on any issues! He has never posted anything about any issue in the political forum.

2. If he really wants to be our State Rep. He said himself that he had no intention of running until asked by Gary Gilbert. Is this just something he wants so he can include "State Rep" in items 3 & 4 above and cross it off his "Bucket List".

Scott Mitchell
: 24

« #1 : November 05, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »

Roger, thank you for your concern and for taking part in the democratic process as everyone's voice should be heard.  If you have a specific concern over any issue I encourage you to contact John Mitchell at mitchelljohn694@gmail.com or you can look into his voting record on the Fairfax Select Board as his voting is a matter of public record. 

Interestingly enough, my father was approached by both major parties to run for public office because of his experience in government matters as well as he service to the community of Fairfax and the State of Vermont.  What you know about him speaks of his character and commitment to the community.  While the issues are important the population is diverse and with Fairfax having only 1 Representative in Montpellier, I personally want someone who listens to all sides of an issue and then speaks out and votes along those lines and not how a party or group wants him to vote.  John Mitchell will vote for what is right for Fairfax and for Vermont if elected. 

During my childhood he devoted his time to volunteering for youth activities. Even today where parents seem much more involved with their children's activities we still struggle for enough coaches, scout leaders and volunteers. Back then he still found time to give all this and more to the community. He found time to do this while working full time in Burlington for a business he was instrumental in building into one of the States largest petroleum distributor.

As for the PAC issue I can tell you that he does not have any control over what they do and while he is on all their mailers understands that they have the rights to their opinions as well as we all deserve to be represented.

What it all comes down to for everyone is please get out and vote tomorrow.  I ask you to please vote for John Mitchell as he will do what is best for the community as he has done in the past and will continue to do whether elected or not.

Thank you all for reading,
Scott Mitchell
rogers9993
: 30

« #2 : November 05, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »

Scott,

I would love to hear what your Father's stance is on a number of topics. Anything from gas prices and green energy to unions and health care. What is his stance on the regulation of telecommunications and energy companies and the past rubber stamping of deals that have come before the Public Service Board? As far as I can tell based on your post I have to email him to get that info. It would be great if he could respond to a couple of these issues on the forum so everyone can see where he stands.

As fas as the PAC issue I haven't once seen him raise an issue with being associated to Vermonters First. What I see is one person/group who has no vested interst in the town trying to influence how the residents of Fairfax vote. John should come out immediately and denounce them.

Thanks
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : November 06, 2012, 10:07:19 AM »

Just because a person or group is in favor of a certain candidate does not mean the candidate believes in what they stand for or they have control over his decisions.  John Mitchell is definitely not that man to be persuaded by such things.

A piece of the message that his son Scott posted on another post in regards to this:
"As for the PAC issue I can tell you that he does not have any control over what they do and while he is on all their mailers understands that they have the rights to their opinions as well as we all deserve to be represented. "

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
nhibbard
: 393

« #4 : November 06, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »

But if a he is going to represent the community, shouldn't he speak for himself and explain that point and why he feels he should do nothing to solve a simple matter. " Though this group supports me, I don't agree with the way in which they distributed the mailers in question." That's so short it would fit into Twitter.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: