Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:47:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Dems Say They Have Veto Override Votes
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dems Say They Have Veto Override Votes  ( 3729 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 02, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »

Statehouse Democrats are expressing confidence they have enough votes to override Gov. Jim Douglas' veto of the new state budget today, as tensions rise at the capital for today's special session of the Legislature.

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #1 : June 02, 2009, 11:41:07 AM »

I sure hope they don't have the votes. I agree with the Governor on this one.
cedarman
: 370

« #2 : June 04, 2009, 03:26:54 PM »

It should be an interesting election period next time around.   I know my vote is with Douglas (unless he decides he's had enough of the demo majority.

Not only did they manage to force their budget through to ensure we pay even more $$ for their pet programs, but they've also started chipping away at the governors ability to run his own organization by passing legislation that requires the governor to get legislative approval to lay off more 1% or more of the state employees.

Personally, I think Mr. Douglas should make a LOT of micro layoffs.  Make a hundred or so announcements (each on separate days) that 2 or 3 people are getting layed off.  Then, he could still achieve his objective without the legislature's approval.

This is a perfect display of how power hungry the current demoncrats are. 
edakrupp

« #3 : June 05, 2009, 06:49:59 AM »

politics are a funny thing. No matter how the scales tilted one party or the other would be upset. The 'party' thing is way out of whack. good things were in both proposals and it was hard to see the people we elected pick sides instead of issues!
special ED

« #4 : June 05, 2009, 07:50:47 PM »

I dont know what to say.....
: [1]  
« previous next »
: