Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:28:13 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Saying, "Hot 'Nuff For Ye" Can Start To Tick People Off
« previous next »
: [1]
: Saying, "Hot 'Nuff For Ye" Can Start To Tick People Off  ( 2086 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 07, 2010, 06:48:59 AM »

A*HEAT ADVISORY* is in effect until 8 PM for the St. Lawrence Valley, Champlain Valley, and Connecticut River Valley.  The Heat Index (combination of heat & humidity) could exceed 100 degrees in those areas.

An *AIR QUALITY ALERT* is in effect until 11 PM for all of northern NY.  People sensitive to high amounts of particles and pollution in the air should take extra precautions today and limit outdoor activity.

We should have no problem today achieving our first official heat wave since June of 2003.  3 days in a row of 90° or higher constitutes a heat wave, and we have already had 2 days in a row.  And it will be another hot, steamy day today with highs again getting into the low-to-mid 90s in most locations.

The hazy, hot and humid weather will continue on Thursday, too, before a slow-moving cold front comes through late Friday into Saturday with some relief.  That front will also be accompanied by showers and thunderstorms.

Remember to stay well hydrated in this kind of weather.  Drink plenty of fluids, wea lightweight clothing, and save any vigorous activities for early in the morning or after sunset.  Make sure your pets are kept as cool as possible and make sure they have plenty of water.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : July 07, 2010, 09:54:24 PM »

I would fricking melt if I was there........
: [1]  
« previous next »
: