Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:14:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Severe Thunderstorm Watch
« previous next »
: [1]
: Severe Thunderstorm Watch  ( 2820 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : July 21, 2010, 01:04:52 PM »

Strong Storms Possible Around Vermont

Waterbury, VT – The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for all of Vermont Wednesday afternoon.  Storms could cause damage with strong gusty winds, hail, and heavy downpours.

It is important under these circumstances to seek shelter at the first sign of a storm.  Lightning poses a severe health risk and the threat of lightning exists at the first sound of thunder.

The storm also has the potential to topple trees and power lines and cause power outages.  If you encounter a downed power line, always treat it as if it were live and do not touch it.  You should also take care to ensure that any downed trees are free of downed power lines, and not come in contact with any tree in contact with a line.

If power is lost and you run a generator, it is important that the generator is outdoors in a well-ventilated area; an improperly operated generator can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning; check your owner’s manual before operating a generator.

Vermonters are urged to stay tuned to local radio and TV stations and internet resources for up-to-date weather information.  The National Weather Service forecast site for Vermont is www.weather.gov/btv. 

Any towns that may need assistance during the storm are encouraged to call Vermont Emergency Management at 800-347-0488.

For more information, the media can call the Vermont Emergency Management Public Information office at 800-347-0488.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #1 : July 21, 2010, 01:17:36 PM »

Just turned black outside, can see lighting and hear thunder out here in Swanton.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: