Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:42:10 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  St. Albans Wal-mart Under Appeal ~Again!!!!
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: St. Albans Wal-mart Under Appeal ~Again!!!!  ( 11413 )
mikebabe1
: 4

« #15 : March 01, 2010, 11:11:11 AM »

We would gladly go to Walmart in St Albans rather than fight the traffic in Williston,which is the reason we moved from there to Milton
I find their clothes wear very well.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #16 : March 02, 2010, 03:31:57 PM »

I personally would like to see a Walmart in Franklin County.  When all of the Ames, Woolworth's closed it took a toll on many in the northern parts of Vermont.  Travelling to Williston can be quite the trip for many and as people get older, and when finances are even tighter, it can become an impossible trip.

I truly believe it will increase business for St. Albans as traffic will not steer to Williston but to St. Albans to do their shopping.  Why do I shop at Walmart, for price sometimes and other times it is because I can't find what I need elsewhere locally.

Good businesses in St. Albans will do better.  Those who over price and take advantage of the local consumer because there are no options, well they get what is coming to them.

When McDonald's was the only fast food in town and Burger King wanted to come in, did we see uproar. I agree with you have the right to choose to NOT go to Walmart.  Many could benefit from this store for multiple reasons.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
ohhman
: 469

« #17 : March 03, 2010, 01:37:52 PM »

Well stated MKR!!!!!!!!!!
dw
: 28

« #18 : March 03, 2010, 10:05:05 PM »

Agree MKR!

khort
: 149

« #19 : March 04, 2010, 08:25:40 AM »

I agree MKR. It is everyones personal choice whether to shop there or not. I personally would be more apt to shop at the local shops if I was in town going to Walmart. I just dont go to town shop at the locals and then drive to Williston. I tend to do all shopping in one place for convience.
On another note..having recently driven by Hudaks I have noticed that they are expanding their main building. Seems if they were worried about business being driven away they wouldnt invest in an expansion?!
mary
: 32

« #20 : March 04, 2010, 09:58:25 AM »

Does anyone know: is St. Albans Town tying a 1% local option tax (additional sales, meals & alcohol, rooms tax) to Walmart being granted final approval?

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: