Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:48:03 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Girl Scouts Completed Their Project Just As The Sun Came Out
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Girl Scouts Completed Their Project Just As The Sun Came Out  ( 4104 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 24, 2009, 11:34:37 AM »

Our Girl Scout Troup finished up their project around 10:45 - Many thanks girls, Well done.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : May 24, 2009, 06:16:39 PM »

In case you missed it, there are more photos of the girls when they started the job in the rain at:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=5959.0

Henry Raymond
janet
: 51

« #2 : May 24, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »

Girls you did a nice job with the planting.  I can tell a couple of you really got down on the ground and got into the wet dirt by the  stains on your pants! I'm sure you all did your part in the actual planting also.
      Thanks again and don't forget to water them once in awhile OK.
Grizzlybear12
: 4

« #3 : May 25, 2009, 08:50:33 PM »

We were down to water our flowers this morning.  Thanks for the reminder!  We would like to Thank Fairfax Road Forman Don Pidgeon for lending us orange road cones to slow the cars down for our safety.  We really appreciated the help from J&L Hardware Store who gave us top soil and mulch to complete our project.  Also, Thanks to all of the hand waves and smiles we received on Sunday morning while we were working on the garden!

Girl Scouts Troop 30-369
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : May 25, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »

And lets not forget their leaders, Diane Coon & Joan Kirkendoll.

Henry Raymond
Margie
: 156

« #5 : May 25, 2009, 09:45:33 PM »

MANY years ago, I did the same project in the same location as a girl scout.  It was me and Kathy Murray.  I do believe that Maryann was still our leader at the time.  We spent a lot of time keeping those flowers going during the summer.  But I remember how proud I was every time we rode by and saw the beautiful flowers on that little island. 

Congratulations to the girls and their leaders.  It means a great deal to those of us who drive past that spot frequently.  Cheers up the village!
Mummy
: 280

« #6 : May 26, 2009, 02:10:17 PM »

Oh, that is BEAUTIFUL Margie!  Happy, proud and fond memories of your youth as a Girl Scout.  Thank you for sharing those memories.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: