Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:53:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Who To Vote For In 2008???
« previous next »
: [1]
: Who To Vote For In 2008???  ( 1736 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 10, 2008, 08:16:44 AM »

"Experts at UVM -- say the economy will likely get worse -- before bouncing back -- but they urge folks not to panic. The discussion Thursday focused on the current credit crisis -- . The economists blame the sub-prime mortgage industry for the economic downturn. They say while the markets may still dip -- your best bet in most cases is to leave your money alone -- "

"AIG Officials Blow $440,000 After Getting Taxpayer Bailout"

Above are a couple of headlines about our country's current Financial Situation.  This is all Greek to me as I certainly am no financial wizard.  Was born during the depression and heard the horror stories of that time.  Whether the Republicans were the cause and Franklin Delano Roosevelt was the Savior, I certainly don't know, but Mother & Dad converted to the Democratic Party, telling me the story over and over as I grew up.  To them, Franklin Delano Roosevelt could do no wrong.  They didn't bother to listen to campaign speeches, the simply looked for the D or R on the ballot and checked the name with the D beside it.

Personally I am an Independent skipping across party lines as I vote and here we are with another 24 or so days to go and I still haven't made up my mind.  I listen to the campaign promises and the one that sticks out in my mind the most because it relates to me is the one that Obama makes:  If you are a senior citizen and make less than $50,000 a year, you will pay no income tax.  Now that's pretty dam good, would be like an increase in my retirement pension.  Can he do that???  I doubt it.

It all boils down in my mind that they are going to tell you whatever they think will make you vote for them.  What happens after that, who knows??

Anyhow, here I sit, still undecided - Never had such a time making up my mind.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: