Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:02:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Who Hires A Taxi In Fairfax??/Fletcher???
« previous next »
: [1]
: Who Hires A Taxi In Fairfax??/Fletcher???  ( 4825 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 04, 2008, 07:01:28 AM »

Just about every day, although not at a particular time, I see a Taxi go by the house, either up towards Fletcher or back down from Fletcher.  If it were the same Taxi, I would say probably someone works for a Taxi company.  Just saw one go by a minute ago up towards Fletcher.  Again, a different one than what I have seen before.  There is a sign on the side, but missed seeing again where it was from.  Must be big bucks up in Fletcher, or some very, very conscientious employee who wants to get to work really bad.

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : April 04, 2008, 10:29:13 AM »

when i take woods hollow to willsiton for work, i'll see a yellow cab en route to Fairfax - always wondered if it was for a fare or it it was some cabby who lived up in our parts.
« : April 04, 2008, 01:11:26 PM Loctavious »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : April 04, 2008, 11:08:16 AM »

Some people/companies use taxis to make deliveries or pick ups.  In an old job we used to use Yellow Cab for things like this.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : April 04, 2008, 03:23:32 PM »

This afternoon, yet another Taxi and it was parked with the driver at Foothills Bakery around 3 p.m. - What a temptation it was for me to stop and ask him what the deal was with all the Taxicabs in Fairfax.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : April 04, 2008, 05:53:24 PM »

At 4:55 tonight was on my way down to the village and met yet another different Taxi.  If I kept seeing the same one I would say it is someone working for a Taxi Company.  The last one was a black one, possibly an SUV.

Henry Raymond
Mummy
: 280

« #5 : April 04, 2008, 10:26:38 PM »

When I had to have a taxi ride from the airport to Fairfax (back when gas was .95cents/gallon) I paid $55.00 plus a tip.  That was just 4-years ago.  You don't realize how nice it is to have family to depend on AND how much you save ($ )with family close by:(
MikeF9
: 1994

« #6 : April 04, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »

As I was walking home from the Post Office Friday morning, a dark blue taxi with no writing on the side, but a yellow TAXI light on the top, went past me heading south on 104. Look like they had people riding in it.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : April 05, 2008, 04:07:43 AM »

This is a family forum so I will curtail my usual adult, some may consider, vulgar, humor....

I just wanna say FAIRFAX.... is there any houses around there with unusual traffic?
Henry
Administrator

« #8 : April 08, 2008, 06:52:10 AM »

I heard from a very reliable source that there is someone up Fletcher way that works for a Taxi Company and drives it around when he is home - Strangely enough, I have not seen it yet this week, but I am sure it could have gone by without my noticing it.

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #9 : April 09, 2008, 01:27:24 AM »

have been following this thread with some interest, as I took a taxi to the airport for a work trip, and then landed in an area where said  airport is about a 35 minute drive, I also will leave out any explitaves, but am glad to hear nobody is having to use this mode of transport on a daily basis. god bless the old days when we just hopped on our bikes and went for miles a day

Mark Teague
: [1]  
« previous next »
: