Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 07:22:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Trail runner looking for trails in the general Fairfax vicinity
« previous next »
: [1]
: Trail runner looking for trails in the general Fairfax vicinity  ( 5826 )
testowe
: 3

« : September 09, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »

Hey all! 

I'm trying to track down some local trails - I figure there has to be a lot of miles of trails around here, but I wouldn't know where they are.  Anyone have any suggestions?

-Tim
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : September 09, 2012, 11:03:28 AM »

Community woods trail by the playing fields; the 'trails near the town water supply, and trails across from the falls.  Email me and I can fill in the details.
mrome
: 37

« #2 : October 07, 2012, 08:37:37 PM »

There are also some great trails in Jeffersonville. The Alden Bryan Foundation or Windridge Foundation or something. Go Route 15 east to Jeffersonville, take 108 south toward Smuggler's Notch, turn left just after the grist mill/waterwheel (on left), bear left over the covered bridge on Canyon Road (not into the Jeff Falls Gorge Park), about 1/2 mile up that dirt road is a 4 way intersection and go right onto West Farm Road. The parking are is immediately on your left. There are trails that go off in several directions from that spot. Some are trails, some are carriage roads. No motor vehicles are allowed. It takes a bit to figure them out, and they intersect with cross country trails maintained by Sterling Ridge Resort, offering longer and more varied trails. However, there are snow machines on the resort's trails in the winter. Let me know if you want more specifics.
Margo
vtsoxgirl@hotmail.com
Mollyd79
: 44

« #3 : October 16, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »

Is there a map anywhere for the trails across from the falls? I was in there last weekend and was quite confused :)
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #4 : October 16, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »

I don't think so.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : October 17, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »

Is there a map anywhere for the trails across from the falls? I was in there last weekend and was quite confused :)

Be careful in there most of those trails are frequented with Dirt bikes and Four-wheelers

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Mollyd79

« #6 : October 17, 2012, 09:32:02 AM »

Even with all the signs posting no motor vehicles??
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #7 : October 18, 2012, 08:03:49 AM »

If we are talking about the same trails across from the Fairfax Falls then yes. 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Mollyd79

« #8 : October 18, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »

Yup, that's the one...there are signs everywhere and I didn't see any of the newly fallen leaves disturbed so I'm guessing they haven't been there in a while. I think running into ATV's is possible anywhere in Fairfax regarless of the "rules"!

The trails over there were beautiful and I was just curious is they all loop back around or if I would walk miles then turn around?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: