Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:35:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fire On Woodward Road Last Night
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fire On Woodward Road Last Night  ( 2689 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 23, 2007, 07:53:34 AM »

Hi all,

I woke up in the night, don't know what time it was, to the Fairfax Fire & Rescue Tones when they were called out to a fire on Woodward Road.  Not sure how bad it was, or just where it was, but apparently it was a house.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 23, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »

Hi All,

I drove up to the scene of the fire this morning.  House seems to be intact and the dryer which is badly damaged by fire is out in the front yard.  No one was home, so did not take any photos to preserve the privacy of the owners.

Henry Raymond
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #2 : August 23, 2007, 01:50:44 PM »

Call came in around Midnight as a dryer fire. Dryer is totaled and the house had some smoke damage, but no fire damage. Home owners gave huge credit to smoke detector waking them up, she said if it wasn't for the detector the fire may have gotten bigger and they may not have woke up. And I will give a big thanks to the home owner for thinking quick and being prepared. he hit the dryer with a fire extinguisher which kept the fire small enough so it didn't spread and gave use time to get there and put it out.

Every home in town should have multiple smoke detectors, CO detector and fire extinguishers that are checked on a regular bases. Change batteries, test, inspect for damage
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #3 : September 03, 2007, 08:12:21 PM »

So today I was at the fair to provide fire coverage for the tractor pulls.  Before they started my crew and I are walking around the midway.  A woman comes up and stops us and thanks us for doing the job we do.  She then she proceeds to tell us about a fire she had at her home, and how it started, and what a great job the fire department did.  Also commenting on the alert the smoke detector gave the family.  As she described the fire and how it started, I told her I knew of it.  And told her I read about here. 
So Henry, your wbesite provides a great service to the community!  As well as to the fire service in a round about way.  Despite the fact I am not a member of Fairfax Fire, we in the fire service are all brothers (and sisters).  And the fact they did such a great job makes me proud to say I am a firefighter.

Brian Farris
FF1/FF2/Fire Instructor 1

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: