Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:30:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Old Time Resident Seen At Senior Citizens Luncheon
« previous next »
: [1]
: Old Time Resident Seen At Senior Citizens Luncheon  ( 1778 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 05, 2009, 08:07:11 AM »

We had a great lunch today prepared by Alberta Clokey and one of her grandsons.  Absolutely delicious potato salad, ham, baked beans, homemade rolls, pickles, beverage and ice cream with strawberries on it and a cookie.  Everything was great. 

As I was leaving heard someone say my name and looked around and who did I see but Grace Pigeon.  No problem recognizing her, she looks just the same with the same smile.  Hasn't aged a bit. I wished I had seen her earlier, as I was just leaving with Maryann's takeout lunch.  Always great to see our oldtimers return.  For those of you that don't know Grace, she is the mother of Don Pigeon and lives in Florida.  A truly wonderful lady who played the organ in St. Luke's Choir back in my single days where Maryann and I met.

Joyce McCuin was also there and she had a photo of one of Maryann's Father's sisters that her sister Thelma had run across.  Joyce saw the name Florence Hoben and although she did not know who she was, she knew that Maryann was a Hoben.  It was one of Maryann's favorite aunts who married a Manuel Shoreham that lived here in town also.  Many thanks to Joyce.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: