Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:41:40 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Get your license back for $20.00!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Get your license back for $20.00!!  ( 3877 )
kpplus2

« : February 25, 2015, 10:47:04 AM »

Ever thought you were so buried with tickets and fines that your just couldn't get out? Well now here is your chance to clean it up for $20 per ticket!

http://www.wcax.com/story/28191642/vermont-plans-license-suspension-amnesty-day

Well I'm on the fence on this one part of me says yes they will finally be able to clean up their license and drive legally and the other part of me says the state is losing that revenue and what about the poor folks who had to pay the full fine?

I guess this is a good thing in most cases we wouldn't see a dime or a license from the "frequent flyers" anyway.
« : February 25, 2015, 10:52:05 AM kpplus2 »
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : February 25, 2015, 11:06:08 AM »

No license equals no insurance too....  The fees they charge for not paying it promptly add up.  Which is why many who are financially unable to at the time get really in a mess with the added costs.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
nhibbard
: 393

« #2 : February 25, 2015, 08:21:36 PM »

i loved the WCAX coverage where they don't have an estimate of the fine revenue lost, the amount of low income people affected or a plan on how to make sure all the people with no licenses who will actually go get insurance.
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : February 27, 2015, 03:28:09 PM »

You can't get your car inspected w/o proof of insurance and you can only go so long before getting caught for that.... I know there are ways around everything, but let's give people the benefit of the doubt here. There is always that subset of folks who just don't care--with everything, but mostly, people in general want to do the right thing and will to the best of their ability.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
kpplus2

« #4 : February 27, 2015, 08:56:06 PM »

You can't get your car inspected w/o proof of insurance and you can only go so long before getting caught for that.... I know there are ways around everything, but let's give people the benefit of the doubt here. There is always that subset of folks who just don't care--with everything, but mostly, people in general want to do the right thing and will to the best of their ability.

Spot on Mirjo!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: