Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:23:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA Varsity Girls fall to Ensoburg
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Varsity Girls fall to Ensoburg  ( 2282 )
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« : March 03, 2011, 03:05:33 PM »

The BFA Varisty Girls Traveled to Enoburg last night to play the Hornets on their home turg in the first round playdown game.
      The Hornets jumped out to a quick 8 pt lead before the Bullets stopped the bleedign with a good drive and draw of a foul - sinking 1 of 2 they began a slow but steady offensive assault that evened the score before long.  Right before halftime, The Hornets hit a buzzer beater to go up by 6.
       Though the Bullets played with a lot of heart, they weren't abel to find a groove they could sustain.  By end of thrid qtr the Hornets were in command with an 11 pt lead.  The Bullets battled and stole the ball and pressured the shooters in the 4th but thr Hornets were sinking shots anf finding easy put backs.  In the end the Bullets were stretched thin but continued to play with ferocity and heart until the very end.
Maureen McGuiness is the only senior thus it was her last game as a Bullet.  Many thnaks for 4 great years of basketball Maureen - you've been fun to watch, a big part of BFA Girls Basketball, and an outstanding young Adult.  Best Wishes to you.
        Many thanks BFA Varsity girls!

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : March 04, 2011, 08:38:39 AM »

Having known some of those varsity girls for over 5 years and coached almost all of them at one point in their athletic careers, I can say without a doubt that i've had so much fun watching them over the years - especially this year.  Evident from the start was their ferocity and speed, btu soon to come was their noticeably better shooting from the outside AND driving to the basket - acts that were more rare or more specific to one or 2 players.

The heart and will to play their best was evident, and despite the disappointing end result of the playdown, that will and determination will remain in many hearts and minds of the fans and parents for years to come.  thank you so very much girls for all the hard work, commitment, and dedication you've demonstrated over the last few years.  I know your destined for great things when I think ahead and how you'll continue to bring the same dedication to the court next year!

Dan Banach

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: