Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:44:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Impersonating Police Franklin County
« previous next »
: [1]
: Impersonating Police Franklin County  ( 6364 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : August 14, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »

Case #  10A203488
Trooper: Sgt. Roger Langevin
Date/Time: 08/13/2010  1400 hrs.

Violation: Impersonating a Police Officer
Summary of Incident:
On 08/13/2010 at approximately 1400 hrs., a lone female was operating a motor vehicle west on Route 105 in the town of Sheldon. The female turned on to Sweet Hollow Road in Sheldon when she observed a tan colored Ford Taurus or Tempo car directly behind her. The Ford car then initiated a car stop by activating a small round blue light located in the visor area of the front windshield.

A male in his mid 30's got out of the Ford car and approached her. The male advised her that he was stopping her for weaving in the road and then asked to see her license. Once presented with the license, the male asked the female for her physical address as the license had a P.O. Box number as an address. The female provided the unknown male with her physical address. The male never showed police identification nor was he in uniform., It is not known if the male had a badge or if he carried a gun.

The male was described as being short, heavy set with a light colored mustache. He also has
a crew cut style hair cut light brown color.

The State Police reminds the public that Law Enforcement attempts to initiate car stops in safe areas. Areas that offer good visibility and are well illuminated to insure your safety the safety of the officer. Anyone with any information concerning this suspicious activity is asked to call the St. Albans State Police.

Sgt. Roger Langevin
Patrol Commander
VSP/St. Albans
(802) 524-5993

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : August 15, 2010, 12:05:30 AM »

Josh???????????????

You weirdo.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : August 15, 2010, 12:06:45 AM »

Oh wait..

I just read the REST OF THE STORY...... Not YOU Josh.

I was here....swear.,,,,, Alaska.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : August 15, 2010, 01:07:01 PM »

This same thing was happening in Essex not too long ago.  I remember hearing it on the news.  Unless you are sure it is a Sheriff or State Trooper, me, I would not stop.  I would call 911 immediately and onform what was going on.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : August 15, 2010, 01:40:14 PM »

That is a good rule MKR.  No police officer is going to stop you without wearing clothing that Identifies themselves as a LEO that is just basic officer safety.  Although a few years back up in Sheldon you all might remember Mr. Fairbanks had stole a uniform from one of his trooper buddies and went around pulling people over wearing it.  Had quite the run at it until he pulled over an off duty trooper LOL.

Mike I have a Black Truck and my blue light is much cooler its not one of those swirly strobes its a LED bar.   

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #5 : August 15, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »

Please discontinue with the attached press release as the vehicle and male, who conducted the car stop, have been indentified as law enforcment.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #6 : August 15, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »

Thanks Chris,

I saw that on Fox News tonight and was just coming to mention that, but you beat me to the punch.

Henry Raymond
cedarman
: 370

« #7 : August 16, 2010, 07:51:15 AM »

"No police officer is going to stop you without wearing clothing that Identifies themselves as a LEO that is just basic officer safety."

I wonder if that is SOP (must be wearing a uniform when stopping drivers).  Even if it is not Starndard Operating Procedure, it sounds like this officer needs some retraining if he wasn't in uniform or showing official ID.
Stand Alone Defense

« #8 : August 17, 2010, 01:23:34 PM »

I agree and stopping someone using their personal Vehicle on top of that!! It seems like a big Liability for the department to have someone doing this type of stuff on his own off the clock.  Although it may have been the constable but even then in the rare situation that I stop a vehicle I always identify myself as the town constable and show proper ID.   

rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #9 : August 17, 2010, 02:46:04 PM »

PLEASE dont turn out like ted miller
Stand Alone Defense

« #10 : August 17, 2010, 05:43:31 PM »

No worries ED I am in no way like Teddy Miller.. I don't go out to be a dick to people if I pull you over it is because you are really doing something dumb or parked somewhere you shouldn't be in the middle of the night!!!  I have yet to issue a ticket for a traffic offense most people around here are very respectful and I think that you get a lot further just speaking to people and being respectful rather then hitting them in the pocket.  We are a small community here in Fairfax, I live here in town and so does my entire family I didn't take the job to piss people off or make enemy's.  I took it because I saw it as a way of being active in the comunity that I love and giving something back to the town I grew up in.

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #11 : August 17, 2010, 06:52:23 PM »

Very well said Josh

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »