Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:38:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Young Men Shovelling Roofs Yesterday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Young Men Shovelling Roofs Yesterday  ( 3445 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 10, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »

Anybody hire the guys out and about yesterday looking to shovel snow off the roofs.  They were driving a green panel truck and the young man who came to the door said his last name was Bezio.  Can't remember his first name.  Appeared to be neat appearing college age.  I only saw the one that came to the door, but don't usually hire people like that, even though they may be legitimate.

Roof Shovelling can be hazardous to your roof, especially if the shoveller doesn't know exactly what they are doing.

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : January 10, 2010, 10:29:44 PM »

Not to mention if someone falls if there company doesn't have insurance I would say there is a chance for a law suit

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : January 10, 2010, 10:43:37 PM »

Never thought of that Josh - Good point as it looked to me like just a couple of college age guys trying to earn some extra money.

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #3 : January 11, 2010, 08:55:44 PM »

Henry, as someone in the roofing business, even if people are on the up and up, only hire professional licensed and  bonded roofing professionals. as was stated, if they fall from your roof, and they are uninsured it is your problem. plus the damage they probably would do to your roof not worth it. I'm sure there are plenty of  professional roofers in VT looking for work right now, and always remember you get what you pay for. when it comes to your home that is your largest investment, make sure it is done right

Mark Teague
: [1]  
« previous next »
: