Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:21:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Dogs Roaming River Road-Are they yours?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dogs Roaming River Road-Are they yours?  ( 10685 )
Judi
: 508

« : July 03, 2012, 09:01:02 AM »

A beautiful chocolate lab with red collar and a small tan dog, apparantly buddies are roaming River Rd. heading in the direction of the village. I don't know if they escaped or on the loose frequently. I thought if someone was looking for them they might want to know.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : July 03, 2012, 09:31:52 AM »

is the Chocolate Lab older, kinda of a larger dog - slow moving?  If so the owners live up on Alexis rd and them dogs be free roaming....

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Judi

« #2 : July 03, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »

The lab was not an older dog, beautiful shape and they both were roaming at a pretty good clip having a great time! :~)
gkmcnall
: 130

« #3 : July 13, 2012, 11:24:52 AM »

sounds like the two dogs that were chasing each other on Maple Street near the covered bridge and nearly took me out on my bike.
Judi

« #4 : July 15, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »

I was returning from Steeple Market last night and when I came down River Road at the bend there was large van with flashers on stopped in the road letting the chocolate lab inside.  His side kick small tan dog refused so the van proceeded up towards the village without him. They apparently like to roam the streets together quite often which is a shame as they could get picked up by the wrong person.
slpott
: 457

« #5 : July 15, 2012, 07:11:12 AM »

I was coming home the other afternoon and saw a car almost hit 2 dogs in the middle of the road. I turned around and got them in my car and their names were Sabastian and Pork Chop. I called the owners and delivered them but apparently they are free to roam as they wish. Everyone on that road know who they are and apparently it is a real problem. I have heard many stories about those dogs since and it is a real shame. They are cute little guys but unfortunately it is only a matter of time. Isn't there a leash law in Fairfax?
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #6 : July 16, 2012, 05:14:18 AM »

Someone should call the Constable!!! LOL god it feels good to say that :)

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #7 : July 18, 2012, 09:50:42 AM »

From what I've heard, the Constable was called more than once in the past - from the dogs destryoing others property ( perrenial beds and gardens) to Barking all night on others property, calls have been made.  Likeable dogs too.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #8 : July 18, 2012, 11:18:27 AM »

It is sad that good dogs get such little attention Loctavious......

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Judi

« #9 : July 20, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »

We just got a call from Sally Sweet wondering if we knew who belonged to the Chocolate lab, I referred her to you Shelly. Seems they found him at the Fletcher store! It is so sad that dog owners can be so negligent! :(
Zinnia
: 6

« #10 : July 28, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »

Hi folks!  Those 2 dogs mentioned in the first post belong to my neighbor and myself... We live on River Road, and no, they are not supposed to be roaming free and easy down the street.  They are very good buddies, and once in a while they manage to escape to each other and wind up in cahoots.  We are always aware when they have gone and keep close tabs on finding them.  They haven't been to the covered bridge or the Fletcher store, so those must be other dogs.  We are working on training them both with electric fences, and hope to have the roaming issue remedied soon.  Thank you very much for your care and concern for our pets, and please rest assured that they are very well taken care of! 
Travis
: 141

« #11 : July 29, 2012, 01:38:37 AM »

Zinnia, we have our dog trained with an electric fence. The collar that comes with the starter kit and the normal replacement collar may be fine for smaller dogs, but our lab mix found that the mild shock wasn't that bad and used to cross the fence whenever she wanted to. It was no deterrent at all.

We bought the collar for stubborn dogs. It uses a 9V battery and has 5 settings. It not only beeps when getting near the fence, but it gives a vibrating warning before the shock. My dog only went through the fence once after the new collar was put on and never did again. When we moved to our new house, she found the boundaries quickly and has never strayed on her own. She won't even cross the fence when she's not wearing the collar unless we're with her and we have to coax her and reassure her that it's Ok.
slpott
: 457

« #12 : July 29, 2012, 04:05:45 AM »

Zinnia, on your behalf, the dogs being talked about are not your dogs to begin with. The occassional dog getting loose is wonderful. It is the neglect of letting your dogs run wild that is disturbing. These people in question obviously do not get it that they are their dogs and not everyone elses.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: