Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:44:08 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mole problems?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mole problems?  ( 3099 )
trussell
: 870

« : April 27, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »

Hi Henry,

I thought of you when I saw this:

http://easysetmoletrap.com/

How have your mole issues been this year?
« : April 27, 2009, 09:11:23 PM Henry »

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : April 27, 2009, 09:16:57 PM »

I have to check my garage and see if I can find the one I have - It is just like new and never caught a mole - Looks a lot like this one if I remember right.

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : April 28, 2009, 08:19:30 AM »

We had mole probelms for the longest time.  Not wanting to kill the critters, we tried a lot of different devices - the 'Thumper' stakes - which you stick in the ground and via batteries make thumping sounds ( didn't work and took 'D' batteries too), the sonic emitters - which worked minimally - like within 5 feet of them.  Tried a few different chemical/natural means too - some sort of pellets that disintegrated into the soil - though non-toxic - they made us feel weird and of course didn't work longer than a week or so.

In the end - an age old remedy worked the best - Castor Oil.  Yup, that's right the stuff they use to say helped an upset stomach ( more like helped empty an upset stomach)  I guess the oil absorbs a bit into the soil and then sticks to it.  1 application lasted a whole summer - or at least long enough for the mole to give up and move on.  We got 2 liter size bottles, used a sprayer and it covered the front ( @80' x 50') back (@60' x 25') and side ( @15' x 20' + @ 60' x 60') yards. I think the total cost was $15.
« : April 28, 2009, 08:26:09 AM Henry »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: