Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:46:08 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Propane Provider - Time to leave them....
« previous next »
: [1]
: Propane Provider - Time to leave them....  ( 7754 )
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« : March 21, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »

So, I have to say that paying $4.04 a gallon on a budget plan for propane is REALLY upsetting me.  Tomorrow my mission is to find someone else to start delivering in April.  Does anybody have a suggestion for a Fletcher Road gal?  What do you pay for a gallon?  Do you like their customer service?

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : March 21, 2011, 04:55:06 PM »

good luck no advise here,
 they are all crooks
mkr
Administrator

« #2 : March 21, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »

Has anyone used Amerigas? Jack Coarse? I am currently Pyrofax Energy(Formally Ultramar/RL Vallee).

fletchtb
: 310

« #3 : March 21, 2011, 06:32:26 PM »

We get our propane from Corse's. We are not on a budget plan and we are currently paying either $3.499 or $3.509 a gallon (I can't remember for sure) and we use 300-500 gallons per year.

We switched to Corse's from Liberty Propane. At the time their terms for the budget plan were far better than Liberty's but that was about 5 years ago. I have always been happy with the customer service at Corse's. I also feel it is a bit of a benefit to buy fuel from a local company.

Hope that helps a little.
red
: 41

« #4 : March 21, 2011, 07:16:26 PM »

We have always used Liberty and right now we have there budget plan. Last year when we paid for 825 gallons we got it at 2.77 a gallon. Never had a problem with them.
LauriH
: 53

« #5 : March 21, 2011, 09:04:27 PM »

We just paid $4.49 a gallon from Suburban in February.  We have wanted to change but haven't put in the effort to do so yet.  Every time I talk to a Suburban employee, I get the impression that I am talking to a used car salesman. 
slpott
: 457

« #6 : March 22, 2011, 06:43:36 AM »

We have Amerigas and just paid 3.76. I like the secretary of Amerigas but not the guy that comes here. He acts like we are an inconvenience to him because we want our "owned" tank topped off before big storms. We want to buy another tank so we are getting it from Corse and staying with Corse. We had Corse when we moved here and were very happy with all the staff. We changed because at the time they did not have any "owned" tanks and we found one with Amerigas so that is why we changed. Time to change back. Good luck
David Shea
: 471

« #7 : March 22, 2011, 07:11:16 AM »

We own our own tank, delivery a month ago was under $3.00 with Liberty Propane.  Heritage Energy owns them as well as Blue Flame Gas.  I have shopped price since we are able to do this by owning the tank and delivery equipment.

You could also try Rowley Fuels, they are located in Milton and are owned by Scott Allard & his family who live here in Fairfax.

Patterson Fuels out of Richmond is also a local company owners name is Jason & one of their service techs live on Fletcher Rd.

A number of years ago, I installed an indoor wood boiler, best decision we have made as a family.  Heats the entire house and makes all of our domestic hot water with an indirect hot water tank.

Good Luck
khort
: 149

« #8 : March 22, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »

We use Newtons Gas and was at $3.89 last fill up.
mkr
Administrator

« #9 : March 22, 2011, 01:35:39 PM »

Thank you ALL for your input!  Very much appreciated!

Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #10 : March 23, 2011, 09:23:21 AM »

Pyrofax is the most expensive around!! I have them to!! I was going to switch but they wanted to charge me a $200 disconnect fee!!!!!!!! Someone else told me that they give you a credit for the gas you have left in your tank but you can only use the credit with them!!!! Like Ed said they are Crooks   

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #11 : April 10, 2011, 12:00:51 AM »

I always thought propane was charged by the pound.....
Dumb me.
al brodeur
: 216

« #12 : April 10, 2011, 10:00:35 AM »

small tanks like the 20 pounders are weighed but the usual larger ones are by the gallon also be careful as some stores are selling  what looks like a 20 pounder with only 15 pounds in it, the label states 15 though but its in a 20 pound tank---thats why its cheaper
: [1]  
« previous next »
: