Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:46:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Thank you for school supply donations
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thank you for school supply donations  ( 1467 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : September 14, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »

Thanks to all who donated school supplies during the library's collection in August!  And special thanks to St. Albans Library Director Mary Pat Larrabee for spearheading this effort.

A total of 130 backpacks were filled with supplies for children in Franklin and Grand Isle Counties from donations collected all over the county.  We started with 100 backpacks purchased with United Way funds that we filled with the supplies we collected at libraries and at Peoples Trust and PBM Nutritionals and we were able to purchase the extra 30 backpacks (and fill them) thanks to some of our patrons donating money and a donation from Northwest Medical Center. Below is a listing of the schools in the towns were libraries participated and the number of backpacks we dropped off. 

Highgate (15 backpacks to elementary/middle students)
Enosburg (12 backpacks to the elementary students)
Richford (15 backpacks to elementary students)
Fairfield (2 backpacks to middle students)
Fairfax (3 backpacks)
St. Albans City (10 backpacks)
St. Albans Town (10 backpacks to the elementary/middle students)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: