Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:43:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  High Water, Goose Pond Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: High Water, Goose Pond Road  ( 1586 )
Fireman David
: 41

« : April 15, 2014, 02:54:31 PM »

Due to high water, the section of Goose Pond Road between 663 and 694 is currently under water.

The water level has reached the edge of the road, West of the Maxfield Road intersection, and with continued rising water, could also flood over.

Please take caution when dealing with flooding conditions.

Below is a press release from the Vermont Department of Emergency Management;

VERMONT DEMHS EMD INFORMATION -

Vermont Department of Public Safety
Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security
Press Release
April 15, 2014
11:00 a.m.

Mark Bosma, VT DEMHS: 802-839-6717 or 800-347-0488

Minor to Moderate Flooding Likely in Areas of Vermont

WATERBURY, VT - A number of Vermont rivers are near their banks and are likely to flood areas from Tuesday into Wednesday night or later.

The entire state of Vermont is under a Flood Watch and National Weather Service has issued a Flood Warning for a number of river basins.

A Flood Warning means flooding is already taking place or is imminent.

NWS says flooding will be "minor" to "moderate" meaning:

-Water will overflow riverbanks and cause extensive field flooding
-Basement and other flooding of homes/businesses in flood plains is possible
-Several/numerous roads in flood plains could be flooded.

The Vermont state Emergency Operations Center is open to a partial activation with VT DEMHS staff and will fully activate with other state personnel at 7:00 Tuesday night - or earlier if there is a need.

Communities that need assistance or resources should call VT DEMHS.

The public is encouraged to monitor rivers and streams and get to high ground if water approaches.

If you do evacuate your home, turn off the circuit breaker and have a professional inspect your electrical system before you return.

Plan an evacuation route and destination now that takes you over high ground.

If possible, move items that can be swept away or damaged by floodwaters like lawn furniture or mowers to higher ground.

Never walk through floodwaters and never drive across a flooded road as currents can be strong and roads could be washed out under the water.

The public can receive weather updates through VT Alert.

You can sign up for a free account at http://vtalert.gov and click on the link on the left

Thank you,

Fireman David
: [1]  
« previous next »
: