Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:09:49 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  TEAM WORKED HARD
« previous next »
: [1]
: TEAM WORKED HARD  ( 1758 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 14, 2005, 12:09:47 PM »

Yesterday's Burlington Free Press had a letter from Jessica Paradee from Burlington about the local Football Team that Cathy Thayer brought to my attention.  She said there were a lot of people that stopped there looking for where the Game was.  I am not aware of what was written in the September 4th Edition of the paper.  Below is what was in the Letters To The Editor:

Team worked hard
I am writing in response to the Sept. 4 paper about the game between CVTJ and Fairfax. Fairfax is an up-and-coming team; those kids running up and down in that field have worked hard. They were not handed anything. Yeah, they play in A cornfield but that field wal? donated to them by a local family. Parents and players built that field* with little or no help from the school system.
Fairfax did well against CVU, they did not just hand them the ball and watch them run. Fairfax is not just a team playing in a cornfield. Most players just walk onto a field; how many built the field they Walk onto? Who needs lights wheti your players beam on the field they built. JESSICA PARADEE Burlington

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: