Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 07:54:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  My take on the upcoming Senate race
« previous next »
: [1]
: My take on the upcoming Senate race  ( 2404 )
Colin Santee
: 21

« : November 07, 2016, 12:14:12 PM »

Hey everybody, I want to be clear that I'm not attempting to ruffle any feathers with this, but I did want to share it with you all.  This is simply my perspective as a younger member of our community.  Your opinions may be different than mine, and that's cool too.  Anyway, here it is!

Why I support Dustin Degree

Growing up in Fairfax I met Dustin at various events around the county, but it wasn’t until my time as a legislative aide in the State House that I’d learn who he was as a public servant.  As an aide to one of Dustin’s fellow senators, most of my responsibilities depended on establishing a working relationship with various elected officials.  Dustin immediately went to bat for me, and helped me to foster those connections early on.  Whether he was providing introductions, or convincing his colleagues to attend VSCSA (Vermont State College Student Association) press conferences in the Cedar Creek room, Dustin has continually acknowledged the importance of addressing Vermont’s ailing post-secondary education system and the affect it has on our economy.

Being a young Vermonter, many issues that influence my life are often resolved without consideration of a perspective like mine.  The average age of a law maker in Vermont is old enough to retire, and while the wisdom that comes with that remains invaluable, it offers little insight into the experience of a recent college grad struggling to make a life in their home state.  Affordability remains my number one issue in this election, and I know that Dustin will work for a more affordable Vermont for all of us.

Since finishing college, I have returned to my hometown of Fairfax, and I am currently employed in a position where I get to serve my community.  I work for the municipality as the Director of the Parks & Recreation Department, and my life can become chaotic between various community events.  One aspect that is certain however, is knowing that I have a reliable volunteer in Dustin.  As a young professional, Dustin serves as more than just a role model to me.  He remains willing to act as a resource for the members of our county, even when it presents no immediate benefit for himself.  He is truly a selfless public servant.

Dustin is my voice in Montpelier, and I am proud to offer my support to his re-election efforts.

Colin Santee, 25

Colin Santee, Director
Fairfax Parks & Rec. Dept.
mrs.freddie
: 40

« #1 : November 08, 2016, 10:58:17 AM »

Very nicely written, Colin. :)  Fresh perspectives are a nice change from all the political negativity. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: