Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:23:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Runaway Lime Truck
« previous next »
: [1]
: Runaway Lime Truck  ( 6560 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 27, 2012, 07:16:24 AM »

Apparently a big lime truck was coming down Main Hill yesterday and its brakes malfunctioned.  In an attempt to avoid a truck, it swerved and did some damage in front of John & Sue Mitchell's house as well as the next house.  I have the license plate information, the truck owner's name and cell phone number.  So far I have been unable to contact John & Sue and I am not really sure who the other person was with the damage, but will gladly give them the info.  The person who gave me the information followed the truck up to Fairfax Falls where the driver was able to stop it and try to repair the brakes.

Henry Raymond
johnmitchell
: 62

« #1 : October 28, 2012, 09:21:02 AM »

Sue and I were gone for a few days and in Florida when Sue went on Henry's site Sat. a.m.  We returned last night and were grateful to those who were diligent to get info about the truck.. thanks much  John and Sue
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : October 29, 2012, 08:09:14 AM »

On our way to 11 A.M. Mass this past Sunday, saw several people assisting Annette Koch get her lawn back in shape.  We certainly do have some kind and considerate people here in town.

Henry Raymond
sue
: 124

« #3 : October 29, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »

Several Masons came down to help John get things back to normal.  Charlie Swanson, Bill Ormorod and Travis Jones and his son Eli.  It was truly appreciated.  We also had contact with the operator and all is well.  They purchased repalcement plants for Annette.  All in all not a bad outcome.  Thanks for our friends who followed the truck and those who helped..Sue and John
« : October 29, 2012, 03:08:04 PM Henry »
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : October 31, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »

So glad they did right by Annette too! :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Razzle Dazzle

« #5 : November 02, 2012, 05:57:51 AM »

That could of been ugly.
Glad nobody was hurt or worse.
mkr
Administrator

« #6 : November 05, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »

Yes, by all means the driver did the right thing avoiding other parked trucks waiting for their turn to go thru the construction.  People could have been seriously hurt.

al brodeur
: 216

« #7 : November 05, 2012, 07:16:01 PM »

I have been reading about this runaway truck so  his brakes malfunctioned coming down main hill in town but did not stop  until he was at fairfax falls.
I'll bet the only reason he stopped  was the fact that he knew he was being followed.
mkr
Administrator

« #8 : November 06, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »

Nope, he stopped at the pull off to check the brakes and was doing so when approached.

johnmitchell
: 62

« #9 : November 06, 2012, 09:52:25 PM »

I have to say that the young man who had the problem was very very apologetic and it really had nothing to do with him trying to avoid his obligation to own up to the accident.  He simply had a mechanical problem and wanted to have a safe pull of to assess.  I was extremly impressed with when he came to plant Annette's front and assist in whatever way he could.   
al brodeur
: 216

« #10 : November 06, 2012, 10:00:58 PM »

I am sorry but I do not buy that,because how many people did he put in harms way by proceeding with a truck which had malfunctioning brakes after crossing the bridge by Boutins there is a long flat strech where one can pull over ,turn on the flashers, put out flares --which he is supposed to have and check the brakes then to see if he could proceed.  and didn't they have signs advising about construction?  To sum it up it seems like he was going too fast to be able to stop and malfunctioning brakes was a alibi
for the driver not having his rig under control.
Yes, he was going to be nice as he doesn't want any points against his cdl or on his record as it could cause him to join the unemployed , and then trying to get another driving job would be very hard.
mkr
Administrator

« #11 : November 09, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »

The signs were at just the top of hill and a little late for him to realize when pumping his brakes was not working on the decline.  There was a very long line of cars, 18 wheelers etc. and he was in the middle. Hind site is 20 20, but I truly believed he was stopping where no body else was around after the scare he just had.  We all don't think so quickly when a scare like that happens.

He was shook up at the time, when spoken too after the incident. I am sure this young man learned from this.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: