Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:34:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Fire Dept - Public Service Announcement
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Fire Dept - Public Service Announcement  ( 4346 )
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« : January 03, 2010, 12:58:59 PM »

As we head out to clean up the nearly 2' of snow please keep a couple of things in mind:

1.  Make sure yours and your neighbors furnace or fireplace exhaust vents are clear at least 3' around to ensure proper ventilation and to keep carbon monoxide from building up in the home.  Hundreds die every year from failure to keep their vents clear.

2.  If you have a fire hydrant in front of your home or adjacent to your home please keep it shoveled at least 2-3' around so we can access in event of fire emergency.  This simple task could save precious time and perhaps save yours or your neighbors home.

3.  Make sure you shovel paths to ALL exits from your home to ensure adequate escape routes in event of emergency and to allow first responders adequate access you your home should you need Fire and or EMS attention.

4.  Do not over exhaust yourself while shoveling take your time and take frequent breaks and be sure to stay hydrated during the process.

5.  Last but not least use caution while on roads.

Justin Hayes
Deputy Chief
Fairfax Fire Dept
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #1 : January 04, 2010, 10:06:12 AM »

Bump
 All great things to do, I drove thru town this morning on my way to work and noticed a lot of hydrants that are either covered or plowed in. This may be the water we need for your house. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

We will be having a work party this Tuesday night, going around and finding and shoveling out all Hydrants in town. Any that are already done will make the job go quicker.

Thanks for all the HELP in advance

Chief Dean Potter
« : January 04, 2010, 10:08:05 AM Henry »
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : January 04, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »

Gary Stewart was cleaning around the ones next to the school this morning. I cleaned out the one near my street.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : January 04, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »

Gary Stewart cleaned out this one in front of BFA.

I cleaned this one out near the top of Maple Street near Cain Street. Need to be careful around this one. It is located in a deep ditch, and the drop-off is about 2 feet.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: