Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:54:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mock DUI Car Crash at BFA a Success!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mock DUI Car Crash at BFA a Success!  ( 2217 )
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« : May 09, 2009, 10:45:19 AM »

On Friday May 8th the Fairfax Fire Department, Fairfax Rescue, Franklin County Sheriffs and A.W. Rich Funeral Home in coordination with the BFA administration put on a Mock DUI car crash at the school.  The scenario: a drunk student driver involved in a single car accident with death resulting to his passenger. 

The fire department responded, assessed the scene and began to extricate the victims of the vehicle with the jaws of life and other extrication tools.  Rescue made their assessments of the patients while fire worked around them inside the vehicle.  Durring the event the scenario was narrated by the sheriffs department and emphasis was placed on not only what was being seen but the ramifications for such actions after the scene (court, jail time, attending funerals etc..).  Once the driver was freed from the vehicle with minor injuries he was tested, processed and taken into custody by the sheriffs.  A.W. Rich Funeral Home came into the scene to assist the fire department with the removal of "fatal" victim. 

The whole scenario lasted about 45 minutes and was put on for the entire high school student body and faculty.  I would like to thank everyone who volunteered their time to put on this production and for the BFA administration for taking such a proactive approach to DUI and teen driving and involving their local emergency services to help get the point across.  Also thank you to Fairfax Auto for donating the vehicle that was used. 

I am sure Mike will have some excellent pictures to add to this post once he has the time. 

Justin Hayes
Deputy Chief
Fairfax Fire Department
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 09, 2009, 10:53:40 AM »

I am looking forward to Mike's photos when he gets back from his weekend trip - It sounds like it was a well thought out demonstration and with this type of demo photos can be taken that would not be in good taste in a real situation.  Thanks for the write-up Justin and Mike, I see you are on the forum, so will be checking back frequently.
« : May 09, 2009, 10:55:43 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: