Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:43:36 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 2/15/10 and Blog- The Big Race, Redux
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 2/15/10 and Blog- The Big Race, Redux  ( 2927 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 15, 2010, 12:36:13 AM »

Monday February 15, 2010
Picture of the Day

Jamie McMurray took this picture of the Daytona 500 trophy in his bus Sunday night and posted it on Twitter.

THE BIG RACE, REDUX
Well, who saw that coming?
Lately, the Daytona 500 is being won by someone you really weren't expecting.
This year it was Jamie McMurray. After a long day at the track that saw two red flags because the track was coming apart, it once again came down to the last lap.
The race itself was kind of a yawner. There was never the on-the-edge-of-your-seat three wide racing as in years past. And any wrecks involved a smaller number of cars than previous years. There were a lot of leaders and lead changes, though.
The racing season has begun. Before you know it, things will get warmer, and the racing season will creep northward.
Slowly, but surely, spring is coming.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : February 15, 2010, 04:29:57 AM »

I don't know jack about NASCAR but did watch the last 12 laps that took like an hour.
I was pulling for the Miller Lite car.

I watched it with die hard NASCAR fans abd they acted like it was the Super Bowl.
When I made THAT comment to them they said the Daytona IS the Super Bowl but just first.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: