Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:14:17 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  6/26/10 Blog- A Very Busy Friday and World Cup Stuff
« previous next »
: [1]
: 6/26/10 Blog- A Very Busy Friday and World Cup Stuff  ( 3851 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 25, 2010, 10:38:27 PM »

Saturday June 26, 2010

A VERY BUSY FRIDAY AND WORLD CUP STUFF

Thursday night I was up late bouncing around the dial when I realized I was falling asleep. One of these days I will figure out how to use a different photo shop program. I was just so used to the Web Photo Manager. But I need to let it go and move on.

Friday was busy. Pay bills, clean the house, watch some World Cup, and mow the lawn.

Big game Saturday afternoon. US vs. Ghana. England v Germany Sunday morning. Someone tweeted the following:
"This World Cup is like WWII. The French surrendered early. The Americans were late getting in, and England was left to fight Germany."

Indeed you do have bordering countries doing battles in the first round of the playoffs. Portugal v Spain, and Argentina v Brazil.

Craig Ferguson of CBS's The Late, Late Show talked about the World Cup saying how big it was and "Speaking on behalf of all Americans- 'Eh! (with a shrug). The World Cup is not that important for Americans. It ranks somewhere between Jon Gosselin and the people that hand out raisins on Halloween."
Every other country basically shuts down when their team is playing. England was on suicide watch because there was a chance the team wasn't going to make the playoffs. The two teams that met in the finals four years ago are out. One of the French players met with the French President to give an overview of what happened to the team. And one of the Italian politicians is blaming their demise on the fact that immigration is spoiling the bloodline of the players.
So.....2:30 Saturday afternoon on Ch.22 ABC. Be a true worldly American.....and watch some football. OK, soccer. And the weird noise that you hear is not static, they are called vuvuzelas. They are horns South Africans blow at ever sporting event. After a while, it becomes white noise and you can get used to it.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : June 26, 2010, 12:31:06 AM »

A fellow Craig Ferguson fan!

Is he not the funniest host?

He slays me..........in a good way, I knooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.
Doyle78
: 46

« #2 : June 26, 2010, 01:14:00 AM »

when watching soccer matches its not hard to think of yourself being in a giant bee hive. i couldnt imagine being at a game, id have such a headache. anyways i heard someone tried to bring one of those things into yankee stadium.well that didnt go over too well. they took it away and im not sure but they may have beaten him with it.god bless the yankees for that anyways if nothing else.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : June 26, 2010, 01:16:23 AM »

They banned LADY GA GA....

: [1]  
« previous next »
: