Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:29:15 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ron Gross Dies Unexpectedly - New Photo & Full Obituary
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ron Gross Dies Unexpectedly - New Photo & Full Obituary  ( 7881 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 25, 2014, 04:42:02 PM »

Hi All,

It is with a heavy heart that I send out this note.  A long time good & loyal friend and neighbor of many years passed away this morning at his home in Essex Junction.  Spears Funeral Home will be in charge of the funeral arrangements, however they are not made as yet.  The family will be meeting with Spears on Monday.  My deepest sympathy goes out to Theresa, Danny, Kevin & Donny, and their families as well as other members of Ron's family.

Theresa had called me recently and I honestly felt that everything would turn out differently.  When I hear more on the funeral arrangements, I will let everyone know.  Meanwhile, goodbye Old Friend, until we meet again.

Henry

FAIRFAX / ESSEX JCT. – Ronald A. Gross, age 78, passed away Saturday, January 25, 2014 at his home in Essex Jct.

He was born September 20, 1935 in Barre the son of the late Frank & Hazel (Gamble) Gross.

Ron graduated from Richford High School class of 1953. After high school he joined the U.S. Army and served in the Korean War. When Ron was discharged from the Army in 1957 he began working at IBM; where he spent 30 years before retiring in 1987. He was a member of the American Legion Post #35 in Cambridge and served as groundskeeper for the Sanderson Corners Cemetery. Ron’s hobbies included ice fishing, camping, reading and gardening. He was an avid NASCAR fan and also completed the 251 club.

He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Theresa (Lavoie) Gross of Essex Jct.; 3 children, Dan Gross and his wife Nancy of Fairfax, Kevin Gross and his wife Sherry of Charlotte and Donny Gross of Fairfax; 5 grandchildren, Erin, Andrew, Jordan, Zach and Matt Gross; 3 step-grandchildren, Dylan, Morgan and Kacy Preston; 6 siblings, Conan Gross and his wife Bea of Palm Bay, FL, Mary Ducolon and her husband Bernard of St. Albans, Marty Hoadley and her husband Pat of Berkshire, Fran Mercure and her husband Mike of Richford, David Gross of Richford and Becky Thompson and her husband Orlyn of Berkshire; sister-in-law, Annette Blouin and her husband Noel of Enosburg Falls; brother-in-law, George Perry of St. Albans and several cousins and nieces & nephews. Besides his parents, Ron was predeceased by an infant daughter, Doreen Gross.

A memorial service will be held Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 2:00 PM at the Spears Funeral Home, 96 Dickinson Ave., Enosburg Falls. Visiting hours will be held at the funeral home on Wednesday from 1:00 PM until the hour of the funeral.

Interment will be held Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM in Sanderson Corners Cemetery, Fletcher Rd., Fairfax.

For those who wish, contributions in Ron’s memory may be made to the Vermont Cancer Center, 89 Beaumont Ave., Given E213, Burlington, VT 05405.
« : January 27, 2014, 04:52:10 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
sdogallen
: 51

« #1 : January 25, 2014, 06:32:46 PM »

Certainly a shock, spoke with Kevin recently and sounded like everything was going well. Prayers to the family.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : January 27, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »

A wonderful Man and family. My love and prayers to all of the Gross family. ~ Mary Kay

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
ssorgnad
: 17

« #3 : January 27, 2014, 03:04:54 PM »

Here is the information from Spears in Enosburg:
http://www.spearsfuneralhome.com/obituaries/obituary-listings?obId=72436#/obituaryInfo

"It's all about the journey!"
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : January 27, 2014, 03:27:28 PM »

Visitation and Memorial Service

http://m.spears.tributecenteronline.com/obituaries/details?id=72436

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : January 29, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »

Mary Kay & I went up to Enosburg Falls and attended the funeral for Ron Gross.  What a wonderful and deserving tribute for Ron and his family.  There were many in attendance and the most impressive part I saw was the numerous generations that came to pay their respects.  Friends of the members of the family came from as far as Ipswich, Ma. just to attend the service.  Ron, you have left a wonderful legacy.  So many people remembering you for who you were in life.  May you now rest in peace.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: