Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:07:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Steeple Market Pictures of the Day 0/17/09 and Blog- TV Stuff
« previous next »
: [1]
: Steeple Market Pictures of the Day 0/17/09 and Blog- TV Stuff  ( 3940 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : September 16, 2009, 10:40:34 PM »

September 17, 2009
Steeple Market Pictures of the Day

The new steeple with the lightning rod attached

More siding going up

Front entryway looks pretty good.

TV STUFF
Flying puckerbrush, another one.....................
Henry Gibson passed away. He was in a lot of movies, but I first saw him on Rowan and Martin's Laugh In. He was the one that would stand there, holding a flower, and recite a poem. He was the one that said:
"Birdy birdy
in the sky
Dirty, dirty
in my eye.
I will not be angry
I will not cry
I will be thankful
Cows do not fly."
He also played a neo-Nazi leader in "The Blues Brothers".

I was bouncing around the satellite dish Wednesday night when I discovered something on one of the infomercial channels. They have come out with a DVD set of performances from "The Midnight Special" from the '70s. Used to come on at 1am on Friday nights on NBC. Quite the line-up of musical acts that performed. AC/DC, KISS, Barry Manilow, Blondie, Ray Charles, Loggins and Messina, and just about anyone who had a hit song in that decade. I remember Margie and I staying up very late because Queen was going to be on, performing "Bohemian Rhapsody". It was actually the first music video I ever saw. And I thought it was great. I was tempted to call and order the first DVD of the set. It's the case of "buy one, then you get two every 4-6 weeks". But the line-up of stars, Marvin Gaye, Barry White, even comedians, like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, and Steve Martin. If I see it on again, I might be tempted. Fleetwood Mac, The Captain and Tenille, James Brown, The Cars, even Cheap Trick. Ohio Players, Donna Summer, the list goes on..................

I came upon the NHL Network. I watched the third period of the Bruins pre-season game at Toronto, live. Hockey!! Double-edged sword, though. I enjoy watching a hockey game, but that also means that it's fall. Crap. Bruins won, 3-2. Scoring a goal for Toronto, and getting good raves from the announcers, was Viktor Stalberg, who played at UVM last year.

Don't mean to swear, but un-friggin-believable.
I really don't believe it. I actually had turned the TV off. I was bouncing back and forth between the Bruins and the Red Sox game. The Angels were winning, 3-0. Sox came back and led, 5-3. Then it was LA back in front 7-5. I had shut the TV off while Margie was headed for bed. "You're not going to watch the game?", she asked. Hrrrhmmm, was my response, and I put it back on just to have it on, while I was working on this blog. Sox tie it up, 7-7. Angels back in front, top of the ninth, 8-7.
Sox load the bases bottom of the ninth. Again, kinda conceding defeat. "At least they gave it a run", was my thought. No balls, two strikes to Nick Green. Should have been called out on a check swing, but 1B umpire ruled otherwise. Green runs the count full, then walks, on a pitch, according to the NESN strikezone, that was a strike. 8-8. Alex Gonzalez comes up and hits another blooper to left field, SOX WIN, 9-8!!!
Wow.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : September 17, 2009, 07:35:29 AM »

Well, I missed the news again, but it was worth it.  The Umpire won the game for them.  Oh Well, it will even up on bad calls in future games.

Henry Raymond
JoeT
: 100

« #2 : September 17, 2009, 08:17:42 AM »

Mike:

Do you remember Don Kirschner's Rock Concert?  Was a syndicated show that ran on Saturday nights back in the 70's.
Huge lineup of bands... Don was the guy who signed half of them to their recording deals.

Joe

Oh, we did but the DVD of Children of Earth....what a GREAT show.
New rule for us, if Mike recommends something on Sci-fi (umm Sy-Fy) or BBCa, we watch it!

MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : September 17, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »

Yes, I do remember Don's Rock Concert. Vaguely. It's under some other memories. Don sat in the balcony or somewhere and introduced the bands. Think I remember Chicago playing in one show.
Glad you liked Torchwood. Have you seen BBC's Robin Hood? Season 3 started last week. Ep 1 is saturday at 8, then a new episode at 9 on BBC America. They do a good job with it.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: