Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:29:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Was Power Out In Fairfax Village Last Night Or Elsewhere In Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Was Power Out In Fairfax Village Last Night Or Elsewhere In Fairfax  ( 2927 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 11, 2008, 07:28:28 AM »

Heard our Road Crew out removing trees from the roadway and also our Fairfax Fire Department.

You never usually get things quite right if you spread what you hear on the scanner, so I try not to do that, however from what I could gather, there appeared to be some areas here in Fairfax without power last night.  Fairfax, Fletcher & Westford were without power yesterday morning from around 7:30 until 11:00 a.m. which was caused by a broken insulator on a light pole in Riverberry Farm's Meadow that feeds the Vermont Electric Coop Sub Station at Fairfax Falls.

Naturally if your power goes out, you don't have Internet, and if your day was like mine yesterday, the last thing in the world I was thinking of was getting on the Internet.  I got on for a few minutes to post the photos after 11 a.m. when the power came back on so people would know what happened, but the rest of the day with the anticipated storms, the computers were pretty much off here at the Raymond Household.

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #1 : June 11, 2008, 09:36:51 AM »

We were without power from about 9pm to 5am in Binghamville...
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : June 11, 2008, 10:25:32 AM »

Yeah, there was no power in the afternoon on Goose Pond from about 2:40 ish in the afternoon to about 7:00 something ( we went out for dinner so not sure exactly when it came back on).   then, no more than 15 minutes after we got home ( around 8:00) and after a stromy squall passed, a huge boom which sounded like multiple explosions going off, shook the ground.  That was it for power for the rest of the night.  646 customers were affected according to the CVPS automated line.  I checked fequently throughout the night to see if there were any updates on when power would come back ( i really was hoping to watch the Boston - LA game last night - not listen to it in the car) to no avail.  Finally i called at about 11:30ish and got an operator who said they expected power to be back up by 7:00 - 8:00 in the am.   It actually came back at 4:30ish as i was awoken to to the radio blaring and a bunch of lights on. 

I work in Williston and yesterday, the storm that rolled through there at about 2:30 was impressive.  Tottential downpour for over 30 minutes.  At one point, when i went out to see if i could close my back windows that last half inch ( which i couldn't as i would've been soaked in seconds it was raining so hard), i tried to go back in my buidling but couldn't as the winds picked up tremendously so much so, the rain was goign sideways so fast it was seperating into mist.  I was actually scared for a munute there - the wind was suddenly so strong, and with tornado warnings still on the brain, i thought one had touched down around the corner.

It was a tornado of course, and after i went back in, there was about 15 minutes of quarter-sized hail.  Crazy weather it was.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: