Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:04:04 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Snow closes Smugglers Notch Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Snow closes Smugglers Notch Road  ( 2339 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 19, 2008, 09:16:22 PM »

Snowfall in Smugglers Notch has caused the state Agency of Transportation to close Vermont 108 through the notch. The road will remain closed throughout the evening and will be reevaluated in the morning.

It is likely that the road will be closed through Tuesday morning's commute, spokesman John Zicconi said.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 20, 2008, 08:10:56 AM »

Fletchtb will be happy about this:

Smugglers Notch is once again open to traffic.

Monday, authorities closed Route 108 between Stowe and Jeffersonville because of snow.

The road is steep, narrow and windy and is closed during the winter months.

It had just re-opened last week.

Henry Raymond
fletchtb
: 310

« #2 : May 20, 2008, 09:21:17 AM »

I was worried that it might be closed last night on the way home from work, but all the signs in Stowe said it was open. I even checked the VT AOT website before I left and that said the road was open too. It was not until I got up past the new Stowe Mountain Lodge Hotel that they had a sign saying Road Closed 1000 Feet Ahead. Sure enough the Road Closed Barricade was up. The truck in front of me turned around, but decided to go through the Notch anyway.

There was snow on the mountain and along the sides of the road, but the road itself was clear. I took it easy, but it did not appear slippery at all.

I did have to stop for a moose near the Three Mountain Lodge. It has been a while since I have seen one.

The road was open when I went through at about 8:30 this morning. No interesting wild life to speak of on the way into work.

Thanks,

Todd
: [1]  
« previous next »
: