Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:28:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I'm Hearing Nothing About April 15th
« previous next »
: [1]
: I'm Hearing Nothing About April 15th  ( 5186 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 12, 2010, 08:20:39 AM »

Maybe I am not reading the right things, but I remember the day when there was a big hullaballoo about April 15th and getting your taxes done and mailed in.  If I remember right, The Burlington Post Office used to stay open a bit later and I have seen on the news where in the late evening of April 15th people were there finishing up their taxes.  Nothing at all that I have seen this year.  Maybe there are no more procrastinators when it comes to mailing in your tax return.

I was down at H & R Block about a month ago and was the only one there getting my taxes done.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : April 12, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »

Nope.  No more procrastinators here.  I plan on having mine completed by April 14.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : April 12, 2010, 10:53:11 AM »

I did mine online Sunday night. I got the notification that both federal and state have been accepted. BOO YAH!!
I smell REFUND!!
Really?
Yes, really!!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
sfc
: 46

« #3 : April 13, 2010, 07:54:29 AM »

Everyone I know uses Turbo Tax now.
Speaking of Post Offices, I went to Fairfax Post office last Friday to get stamps, and they were closed at lunchtime.  So, I went to stamps.com and ordered some on line.  Lunchtime to me is the prime time when a post office should be open. Thanks for letting me vent!
mirjo
: 785

« #4 : April 13, 2010, 12:50:19 PM »

I'm with you sfc!!

It has been an aggravation to me for years that this PO (I don't know about others) has always been closed at noon (actually, a bit before) when it's a time for people to get away and take care of business. It's the same for Docs/Dentists who close the office for an hour each day! If you have the time on your lunch break to make/cancel an appointment or call about another matter, you can't  do it, because everyone has to break at the same time!! Service industries should allow for staggered breaks so people who need to use the service can make use of it... :-(

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
trussell

« #5 : April 13, 2010, 01:14:31 PM »

Well Mirjo, no one ever said the PO was run efficiently.... Where's Benjamin Franklin when you need him?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Barbara
: 270

« #6 : April 13, 2010, 07:27:48 PM »

It is hard to stagger breaks when there is only one person working. 
I remember when the Fairfax post office was closed from 12:00 to 2:00 Pm, so the half hour closing from 12:00 to 12:30 seems reasonable to allow the sole employee a chance to be off clock, eat a bite of lunch and use the facilities without interruption.  I understand the frustration of trying to get a quick errand done and finding that you have timed it wrong, but come on, we are talking a half hour.  Knowing the office is closed and planning around that should be doable. 
trussell

« #7 : April 14, 2010, 11:01:21 PM »

Henry, in response to the original topic, I just wanted to let you know that I finished my taxes about an hour ago (which is technically early) I figured you would be worrried about it :)

-Trevor

Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #8 : April 16, 2010, 02:17:53 AM »

Henry,

It's all about H&R Block software and TurboTax now.
I cannot remember when I last took my stuff to an office.

The "free e-file" and direct deposit and or DEBIT is where it is at.
Basstards got me this year. I even had a real CPA look over my return before I filed. OBAMA got me.

I miss GW.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: