Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:51:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Legislative Update from Senator Don Collins
« previous next »
: [1]
: Legislative Update from Senator Don Collins  ( 2375 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : January 18, 2013, 07:46:34 AM »

The 2013-14 legislative session has officially begun and the Senate has six new members.
I am extremely pleased to have been appointed to the Economic Development and Housing Committee.  This committee assignment is sought by many members and we will be very busy focusing on business growth and retention, workforce development and job training plus many other issues of importance to working Vermonters and businesses. I am especially interested in working with organizations and individuals in Franklin County and Alburgh, who wish to support our current employers and help attract businesses that are exploring expansion or relocation. 
My afternoon committee assignment is Education and I was pleasantly surprised to be appointed Vice Chairman.  With the Governor making education a major priority I am certain that we will be busy and have very interesting discussions. The education issues also have ties to a vibrant economy.  Even though I will serve on the Economic Development committee and not on agriculture, I expect to work very closely on issues related to agriculture with Senators Starr and McAllister, who both represent communities in Franklin County and with Representative Connor who is serving on the agriculture committee in the House.  All businesses that promote job opportunities are certainly important to Northwestern Vermont and we must not forget the significant impact that dairy farming has had and will continue to have on our total economy.
Later this month I will be sharing details as to how local students may earn an opportunity to be my guest for lunch and participate in a number of activities at the Capitol.  Our “State House” is a great learning environment.
Please feel free to contact via email at dcollins@leg.state.vt.us. or by calling 802-309-4062
or the State House at 1-800-322-5616.  I look forward to serving you during the next two years.
Senator Donald E. Collins
23 Broadway Street
Swanton, Vermont 05488

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: