Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:41:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Collecting Militaria
« previous next »
: [1]
: Collecting Militaria  ( 3759 )
wwiihistory
: 56

« : August 04, 2008, 09:04:28 PM »

A different topic I know but I had to say a few words..

For as long as I can remember I have always had an interest in the military. Back in the 70's when I was a wee lad  (stop laughing Henry) my grandfather would visit from Ohio and one time brought me a steel pot helmet plus a dummy pineapple grenade. Yep....you read correctly...a grenade! Imagine your dad handing your son one of those next time he visits in these days...

Since then I spent many days building plastic military models, playing war with friends, reading WWII history books,basically taking in anything military I could. When high school ended in 88 my best friend went into the army. I went into aviation and have been there ever since while continuing to soak in military history. Many people have asked why I did not join one of the services.....  I do not know..maybe to preserve the history by studying it. I spent a year working at a military museum trying to be closer to it.

these past years has been spent online wishing I could spend the money to add to my very small personal collection while frustrated at others who wheel and deal to make a buck selling their grandfathers, fathers, brothers military items and do not care. Frustrated at those who seem to have a never ending bankroll that allows them to place weekly newspaper ads wanting to buy items. Are these people unmarried hermits???

If you have made it this far in this post I commend you on your willingness to read anything....I just have a favor to ask

If you or your family wishes to part with any old military items of any sort, please let me know. I cannot afford to purchase  but I also do not resell to make a buck.

I just care...
slpott
: 457

« #1 : August 07, 2008, 07:20:45 AM »

I care too and my husband did 25 years in the service. Contact me and we would be glad to give you something of interest for your collection.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: