Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:27:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Frosty 31.6 Here On The Fletcher Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Frosty 31.6 Here On The Fletcher Road  ( 3796 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 19, 2008, 06:47:09 AM »

Hi All,

Well, around 7 a.m. here it looked like we had been hit by our first light snow storm as the grass was blanketed with frost.  It didn't get down in the 20s, but I did have my heat on.  After the power came back on around 2:30 this morning, the temperature in the living room was 64 degrees.  Boy, that heat sure did feel good and you could smell the $s burning.

Certainly glad it wasn't like last Monday night when the transformer went and we were without power all night.  I certainly would have had my generator going, which of course with the price of gas, would have really smelled like $s burning.

Should make for some color very shortly.  We have relatives coming up from Massachusetts through Lake George this Sunday, so if you see a camper parked on my lawn Sunday night and Monday, that will be the story and Maryann and I haven't gone wild.

Hopefully everyone got their garden stuff harvested as truly summer is done and its on to fall.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : September 19, 2008, 08:01:41 AM »

We had 34 degrees at 6:30am on Cain Street.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
dearon
: 233

« #2 : September 19, 2008, 08:44:03 AM »

We had 32 degrees here on Main St. at 6:30.  We are busy stacking wood so we don't have to use too much oil this winter.  Had a fill up at $3.55 cents per gallon, for two 275 gallon oil tanks, that will last all winter thank God!  I didn't turn the heat on yet, it was 66 degrees in the house this moring that wasn't too bad.
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #3 : September 19, 2008, 09:44:35 AM »

Our house is at 770 feet of elevation so on clear still nights the "valley" always seems cooler than up on the hill.   We hit a low of 35 this morning.   BTW if interested in "local" conditions you can check out this site.   The station is here at the house.  http://www.weatherlink.com/user/fairfaxvt/
« : September 19, 2008, 10:45:34 AM Henry »
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : September 19, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »

Hi Julie,

I had no idea we had a weather reporting station here in Fairfax.  Does all that information come from your weather station??  I might just have to see if I can check that out sometime.  We old Vermonters love to talk about the weather.  Often wondered why we didn't have a weather reporting station here.

Henry Raymond
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #5 : September 19, 2008, 01:49:04 PM »

Yes, all the information presented on the page is local and reported by our station.  Would be nice if their default page would allow for more data such as Heat Index, Wind Chill , Dew Point , etc...
It's a home station.  The unit is made by DAVIS and so far the information is only loaded up to the DAVIS server.   Not sure what they do , if anything , with the data.  If you click on the 'Map' link while viewing our weather you will see many more similar stations around the world including one other in Vermont.  So far I'm not uploading the data to GLOBE or NOAA.  I'm working on uploading the data to CPOW which is an extension of NOAA.  No big deal to look at just a rain collector and an anemometer sitting on the roof.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: