Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:05:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Wind Turbine Open House Today !
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wind Turbine Open House Today !  ( 1887 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : June 08, 2014, 01:15:36 PM »

Georgia Mt. Community Wind Open House, Turbine Tours June 8, 2014

Milton/Georgia, Vermont ... Georgia Mountain Community Wind (GMCW) will host this year’s Open House and Wind Turbine Tours for community members on Sunday, June 8 from 1pm to 4 pm. 

Last year’s Open House drew over 750 community members to view the wind turbines up close, dedicate the project and celebrate local renewable energy.

The 10 MW community wind farm consisting of four wind turbines became operational December 31, 2012 and provides approximately 8 percent of Burlington Electric Department’s (BED) energy demand through a long-term stably priced contract.

For the 2014 year to date, GMCW is running at a 45% capacity factor, making it one of the highest producing wind projects in the region.

GMCW is owned by two local business leaders and life-long Vermonters, renewable energy business leader and developer David Blittersdorf and Georgia Mountain Maples and Harrison Concrete owner, Jim Harrison/the Harrison Family. 

More information on the project can be found at www.georgiamountainwind.com

WHAT: Georgia Mountain Community Wind Open House and Wind Turbine Tours - Celebrating Local Energy and Local Jobs

WHEN: Sunday, June 8th, 1 - 4 pm

WHERE: ALL parking is at the Husky facility located at 288 North Rd. in Milton and shuttle buses will run continuously from 1 to 4 pm.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: