Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:17:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Riverberry Farm Closing Halloween Eve
« previous next »
: [1]
: Riverberry Farm Closing Halloween Eve  ( 1949 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 24, 2011, 08:32:39 AM »

Hi,

The River Berry Farm Storage Crop Order Form is now in the farm stand and available on our website at riverberryfarm.com.  If you have a reasonable cold storage area that stays pretty dark, dry and above freezing, you can buy whole cases of storage crops like potatoes, onions and squash at wholesale prices and keep eating locally through the winter.  The order and payment need to be received by Halloween and the pick-up is the following Saturday, Nov. 6, between noon and 4 p.m. at the farm stand.

Great fall raspberry picking!  Pick enough to freeze for winter smoothies.  A nightly pleasure for us.

As a reminder, the River Berry Farm Stand closes at sunset on Halloween, so come on over before the season is done!  We are still picking sweet corn, peppers, tomatoes, and greens, , but also stocking the stand with the soul-warming fall foods like potatoes, squash, carrots and cabbage. 

Fall is a great time to plant perennials.  We have some beautiful "Purple Dome" asters and Aconitums in bloom right now, plus piles more perennials which will greet you with full blooms next year.  Check them out on the benches between the greenhouses.  The side closest to the road are the more shade-loving while the side closest to the fields is more sun and part-sun loving. 

CSA members:  remember to use up your credit by the time the stands closes Halloween night.  Your credit carries over only if you join again next year by paying the full membership fee.

We are still quite busy in the fields and will continue to be so until Thanksgiving or a hair beyond, digging root crops and mulching the strawberries.

Happy Cooking and Eating,
Should be a great foliage year with all the rain too - so get outside and breathe it all in!

Jane, David, kids and crew at
River Berry Farm

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: